Ear Spasms / TTTS Success Stories Needed!

Discussion in 'Support' started by COYS, May 14, 2019.

1. COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Hi everyone,

I really need some positive success stories about TTTS or ear spasms that occur when being exposed to sudden noises.

I’ve accepted my tinnitus and it’s bothering me less and less.

But my ear spasms that occur when I hear sudden noises, especially in silent environments, are starting to do my head in!

Has anyone’s gotten better or gone away?

It’s 95% in my right ear which is the one with the louder tinnitus.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My TTTS was mostly gone after about 12 months. It is my understanding that this is typical. It goes away more often than tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Was your TTTS constant spasming or just reacting to noises?

Do you have it at all now?

4. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      Yes. I had horrible TTTS after acoustic trauma (loud brain MRI) already after tinnitus onset.
      It would spasm nonstop 24/7 even in complete silence. I tried sleeping in completely silent room and it didn't help.
      It started fading within 3 months.
      Right now if I don't disturb my left ear it's gone completely.
      I have to avoid speaking on the phone with my left ear, avoid screaming, listening to loud music, pretty much everything that can disturb it.
      I can walk outside without earplugs without triggering TTTS, but certain frequencies at high volume will trigger it for a few days.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would hear it every time I would finish talking - at the end of every sentence, during each pause. It would also be triggered by other moderate noises.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Good to know that it can go away. I’m 5 months in and haven’t seen a huge amount of improvement in the spasms.

• Useful Useful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Thanks all. It gives me some hope that mine might fade away even after 5 months.

Did anyone’s seem to spasm more to sound in the morning??

9. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My right ear still makes the popping sound when talking or swallowing. I'm getting used to it but I whish that it will go away.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      How long have you had yours?

11. rdz
      Gloomy

rdz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Since the 4th of January, of this year.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Very similar to me. 26th of jan this year for me

13. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Is yours 24/7? Mine has recently come back from being dormant. It originally was something that would on and off again happen, for maybe 5-20minutes. 2 Weeks ago, it became permanent. The only thing of note was the day prior I lost my gran dad, so I was upset all day, and the next morning I attempted to use new earplugs called Decibulz, which triggered the condition to come back and sadly, stayed.

Mine consists of a low, vibrating type sensation. Not only do I feel something in the ear actually constricting, but then hear the sound too. It can shift between a pure vibrating type tone, or do it in bursts with a half second in between each bass like echo. If I stick earplugs in my ear it makes it 100 times worse when taking it back out.

It also leaves the ear sore, like the muscles are overworked and a slight tightness.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Mine isn’t constant that the weird thing. My ear can flutter when I’m talking to certain people but for the most part it’s a single click/pop/spasm to sudden noises. Most of the time it’s noises I don’t perceive as too loud myself

15. Anna Jones

Anna Jones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      End of May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Micro suction
      Hi All,
      I’m new to this forum. My T started 7 weeks ago after getting both ears micro suctioned for impacted ear wax.
      The T started over a week after the micro suction but I am assuming it caused it? First evening I heard it I ignored it and was fine, did the same for almost a week then the panic set in, I have never suffered with anxiety but it hit me fast, I couldn’t sleep, eat etc ended up taking sleeping tablets for a week. Then I decided I was going to just have to deal with this myself. I was/am doing much better the T doesn’t stop me from sleeping or doing anything at all and I feel like I’m on the road to habituation but then last Sunday the fluttering started in my left ear 6 weeks after the onset of T. It’s periodic throughout the day and last for no longer than 10 seconds, a lot of the time it’s 1/2 seconds. Has anyone had a similar experience and will the fluttering calm down? Thanks