Ear Suction or Irrigation

Discussion in 'Support' started by Albipalbi, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Albipalbi
      Crappy

Albipalbi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I have two options; Wait 22 days with this god damned ringing, and get my ears suction cleaned at an ENT; or wait around 5 days and get it irrigated out. My tinnitus is caused by earwax; the same as my other ear. I got my other ear flushed out and i no longer have problems with it. However should i get this micro suction done in a few weeks time; or get my ears irrigated ASAP?

The problem i have is that i cant mask out the ringing as my ear is blocked to the extent that i cant hear well out of it. Thus is driving me insane

2. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Don't do the suction. I had this issue and did irrigation..Worked but many months later I ended up with T and H permanently. I can't say this is the reason why but I have heard scary things re suction.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Albipalbi
      Crappy

Albipalbi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      The Doctor did suggest i go for the suction. I will ring him tomorrow and see what he says not that its this long of a wait.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Make sure you put olive oil drops from the chemist in your ears to soften the wax and use it at least a week to ten days prior to wax removal and any crustation on your ear drum ....lots of love glynis

5. Andrew Bailey
      Balanced

Andrew Bailey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise damage - caused by a power tool.
      Hi,
      I'd get the wax ASAP if I were in your situation! I used to get a lot of wax buil up when I was working, I was a builder! and prob down to all the dust etc, I used to get my ears syringes every couple of years, I have very bad tinnitus in both ears,but it's nothing to do with getting them syringes! my damage was caused with noise damage. 26 years ago when I first got my tinnitus, I used to use ear drops to soften the wax, "THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT" so as not to scratch your ear drum. I got fed up waiting for five or six weeks to see my GP or practise nurse to syringe them! when they were full of wax it was an engine inside my head and I just couldn't stand the noise, with the wax I couldn't get any external sounds to help to mask it. So against all advise outofdespeeration I bought a metal syring on Amazon or eBay and syringes them myself, I put oil in for a few days, you must do it gently though,as we all know our ears are very delicate. It was the best thing I ever done, now I'm retired I don't have to syringe them as often, prob every three or four years now, and I always do them myself, I don't piss fart around with the GPs who don't have a bloody clue how it is for us sufferers. Olive oil takes too long to soften the wax, my wax was hard, I always found sodium bicarbonate drops to be much better,working much quicker to soften it.