Ear Wax Removed But Still Ringing

Discussion in 'Support' started by C Jordan, Sep 5, 2015.

1. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      I had wax in my left ear for some time that caused some muffled hearing loss. The ENT removed wax on the ear drum and I'm still getting tinnitus - 3 days later. Does anyone know how long it takes for the tinnitus to go away? ENT conducted hearing test and showed no hearing loss after wax cleared.

2. matfromaust
      Procrastinating

matfromaust Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax/Flu
      I'm the same as you, having the earwax removed greatly reduced the ringing and fullness feeling but it's still ringing and I'm at day 3. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
      It only seems to bug me at night, I'm able to sleep now where as before I was waking up every half hour feeling like a smoke detector went off.

3. Rudy

Rudy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Post ear lavage tinnitus.
      I had a massive amount of wax removed about a year ago... I've been ringing since then. Protect your ears from loud sounds.

4. Maria Giametta

Maria Giametta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown right now
      I just started getting tinnitus in my right ear 3 months ago, a whooshing sound. Just had wax taken out of my ear by ENT and now I am waiting to see if this noise will go away... we will see if not I guess go for the MRI and see what's going on... I am glad I joined Tinnitus Talk. I feel more comfortable and less nervous having this issue... Thank you all for the info.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      My tinnitus troubles started after I used syrnging, to clean impacted earwax, last July. I thought there was still wax, causing the problems, but when I visited the ENT, he said my ears had no wax at all. The symptoms got much worse for a few weeks, but have stabilized somewhat. I still have symptoms every day, but I'm learning to cope with it. Good luck.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Bobby Willis

Bobby Willis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/09/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bought Wax Removal Kit and poked too deep
      I know this post was a couple years ago but has the ringing stopped yet?

I had wax removed a month ago and I'm still ringing.

7. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Mine was the same. I got it from noise, had wax removed but it did not help. You can wait a while, avoid loud sounds and hope it goes away on it's own but if not you've probably seen there are treatments on the way to help reduce/eliminate this horrible thing.