Ear Wax Removed But Still Ringing

Discussion in 'Support' started by C Jordan, Sep 5, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      I had wax in my left ear for some time that caused some muffled hearing loss. The ENT removed wax on the ear drum and I'm still getting tinnitus - 3 days later. Does anyone know how long it takes for the tinnitus to go away? ENT conducted hearing test and showed no hearing loss after wax cleared.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I C jordon ,
      It should settle when the inflamaton from the wax removal has gone.
      Give it time as time is a geat healer .
      Best now carry on with olive oil drops one or twice a week keep our ears clear from wax ..lots of love glynis

3. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      Thanks for the reply. The doc said the ear drums looked good once he removed the wax on the ear drum. Hoping it just takes a little time to all back to normal for me. Does the olive oil just help with wax prevention/removal - or with any ringing?

4. matfromaust

matfromaust Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm the same as you, having the earwax removed greatly reduced the ringing and fullness feeling but it's still ringing and I'm at day 3. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
      It only seems to bug me at night, I'm able to sleep now where as before I was waking up every half hour feeling like a smoke detector went off.

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      The oil is just to soften the wax and move it...lots of love glynis

6. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Wait it will go down more ... heat up some cherry pit cushion and hold it around your ear so you warm the area... give it some love ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      I am at day 3 as well. The ent said it can take a week or so to go away. After that - he did recommend an Mri - just to rule out an acoustic neuroma - that is when I became nervous.

8. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      If I plug my ears really tightly - I can hear a lower steady tone in my left ear - that comes and goes - but it is mostly there. Sometimes the frequency changes and goes up and down. I do not notice it as much during the day. A lot of times it sounds as if someone turned a TV on - and a very high pitch that is noticable. Sometimes I actually look to see if a TV, cable box, or other electronic device is on.

9. matfromaust

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mine too sounds like a TV, I kept looking at the laptop and putting my ear against it lol.
      Before I plug my ears ir sounds like it's in both ears but when I plug them it only sounds like the left ear is ringing

10. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      I am hoping this goes away soon. I really don't want to go and get an mri if I don't need one. I have to believe this was all related to the ear wax on the ear drum and not something more sinister.

11. matfromaust

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Did you have any trouble before the earwax? I was sick and had blocked sinuses. My nose has been runny since too.
      The mri is probably just a precaution

12. C Jordan

C Jordan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/9/2015
      I never had any problems prior.

13. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      If you plug your ears you can hear you muscle pushing and your blood running ... this is not something you should be focussing or worrying about ... it`s normal.

14. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It should settle so give it time and keep up with weekly olive oil drops to prevent ear wax coming back......lots of love glynis

15. Rudy

Rudy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Post ear lavage tinnitus.
      I had a massave amount of wax removed about a year ago...ive been ringing since then. Protect your ears from loud sounds.

16. svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones maybe?not sure really.
      i got my ears cleaned today, high pitch sound went down a bit, have perfect hearing according to ENT and no damage, but my blood pressure is a little high, also lots of stress, having appointment with pcp Friday next week.