Ear We Go

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Blackdog, Jan 30, 2017.

1. The Blackdog

The Blackdog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello all ... here's my story
      Have worn earplugs religiously for 20 years, at a very loud gig in November I pushed in my earplugs ... silly boy... causing some wax to go further than it should ... few days later picked up a nasty flu ... here I am a few months later ears slowly returning to normal ..the onset of tinnitus and hearing impairment was something I never thought you could get from a flu... was convinced my earplugs were faulty and I'd knackered my hearing.... still am some days (bad days)
      Here's a list of things I tried that worked

Trying not to panic!..(easier said than done)
      App called myNoise (brilliant self customising noise generator)
      Thai massage (expensive but great)
      High dosage of vitamin D (50,000 u, once a week)
      Ground Ivy (tincture for mucas build up)
      Benadryl once a day when it was bad
      Non dairy, wheat and sugar diet(no processed food) hardcore but this one really does help with inflammation induced tinnitus...
      Mineral oil eardrops (earex advance contain a small amount of peroxide, tried a bunch of these and they seemed to be the most effective)

I've gotten to a much better place these last few weeks... as I make my living from my ears and support my family doing so I was terrified when the tinnitus started.

Finally last week I had two days with no ringing. (it can stop people be positive, and hang in there) then captain stupid entered the room!
      I was doing a series of ear tests to see what was what, tried a new one, ear buds in, pressed start test ... full blast 8kHz tone to both ears faaaaaark ... I managed to rip them from my ears immediately but our little friend Mr.Ring is back ... balls, albeit much quieter than it was

Hopefully this is just temporary it doesn't seem too intrusive, more of a shock thing and definitely some overthinking on my part.

I shall drop a vitamin D bomb today and keep my fingers crossed
      I was diagnosed with very low vitamin D, know quite a bit about the importance of this due to my wife having MS, it can help with circulation blood flow etc
      Great to be onboard what seems a very positive place for people suffering from this awful condition

Woof

Sean

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Blackdog

The Blackdog Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      As the day has gone on it's still there , not quite as intense as this morning.. but has that shrill 12kHz almost metallic sound to it, that just sits on everything... I keep my monitoring levels very low in the studio averaging around 75dbs, so it's really in the way... first thing tomorrow, after researching on here, I'm going to try the CoQ10, NAS and magnesium combo ... I've had a terrible experience with prednisolone in the past and don't fancy that again.
      It would seem after my flu induced (hopefully, and not from ill equipped earplugs) bout of the BigT my ears are really trying to recover and keep getting a knock back ... screeching brakes, alarms, bottles chucked in bins behind the bar ... stupid people who do ear tests, and blast their already sensitive hearing with a louder than life tone.
      Pretty sure the earphones can't put out 120dbs+, so there's hope I haven't done myself a mischief there
      Woof

3. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Did you recover?

4. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hey, how are you now? X