Earplugs

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shawty, Oct 28, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Shawty
      Curious

Shawty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably an ear infection or damage to the eardrums.
      So, I'm still relatively new to the louder, problematic part of tinnitus. I think I have actually had it for a while, but I never knew what it was because it was so quiet and it wasn't there all the time. I don't really know why it's popping up now, but this forum really helps.

Anyway, onto the real subject. Since I'm really new to T, but not at the same time, it's honestly already a little bit habituated other than the fact that it's so much louder and constant now. I've heard earplugs really help, but I don't know if I really need them or not and it's a really strange feeling. I make sure that I don't get tempted to use a masking sound or anything because then it would be harder to ignore the T when I don't have earplugs or masking sounds and things like that. Since, again, I'm only new to it it's really easy to ignore but I really want to know if the strategy I have of trying not to use anything but mental will is a good idea. Of course, I don't focus on it on purpose or anything specifically to help habituate it, but I don't like to use any special treatments to help or I'm afraid it'll only make it worse for me.

Thanks to anyone in advance for replying to this. I hope that you all find your T easier to handle as well, and I hope it goes away for anyone who reads this and has it especially bad. :3

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Earplugs don't help tinnitus. They prevent additional auditory damage and a further worsening of your tinnitus or hearing.

3. Shawty
      Curious

Shawty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably an ear infection or damage to the eardrums.
      So earplugs just help it not hurt or get worse in the long run? because if that's true then I took a completely wierd approach to it xD. Thanks for telling me though. I still don't really know if I want to try them. I probably only will if it gets super bad.