Ears Feel Full, Scared. (Just Started Antibiotics)

Discussion in 'Support' started by st0rch, Apr 11, 2016.

1. st0rch
      Creative

st0rch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/18/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I just started taking some antibiotics for lyme disease. (clindamycin)

This specific drug isn't known to be ototoxic.

About day 3 into my treatment, and my ears today feel completely full and muffled. My doctor hasn't responded to my messages. What do I do? Has the clindamycin destroyed my hearing???? :(

My left ear feels worse, super full feeling, muffled. Please any advice or support is helpful right now.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try not to panic it will be the virus in your system affecting your ears .
      You can try a mucous linctus or steam inhalation to help unblock your tubes .
      Don't worry and do what you can stay calm and try sound therapy if it helps listening to music....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      st0rch
      Creative

st0rch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/18/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This only started happening after the antibiotics, and it's a very intense muffled feeling. I already had tinnitus from loud noise, I can't deal with deafness and am wondering if I need to go to an ER?

4. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      What anti biotics are they?Penicillin is considered to be the safest anti-biotic,I won't take anything else!If it's one of the cosides don't panic and go to your doctor and ask him about changing your anti-biotic.Dont stop taking it unless you consult your doctor first!