Ears Hypersensitive to Slightest Change in Air Pressure? Feeling of Wind in the Ears When Walking

Discussion in 'Support' started by Charburchar, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Charburchar

Charburchar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this/understands what it is.

Basically, when I walk around the house I get what feels like a gust of wind in my ears. For example, a very brief walk to the kitchen, or even opening a door near my ears, creates this sensation. It's like my ears have become hypersensitive to the slightest change in air pressure?

This all began following an appointment with the hairdressers where the air from a loud hairdryer was blasted into my ears (the one time I forgot to wear earplugs). I have experienced hyperacusis in the past and this is different. I'm not sensitive to noise, nor are things abnormally loud.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. TWK

TWK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      Yes, I've experienced exactly this in the past. The wind sensation felt like I was riding a bike at 30km/hr while walking through my house. It was a temporary thing that lasted a day or two, and has happened a couple of times while I've had tinnitus (3-4 years). It's happened less frequently over time.
      Cause of my tinnitus was a severe bilateral viral ear infection, and my audiograms were fine.
      At least in my case, it wasn't a harbinger of anything, just presumably a temporary period where the sensitivity of the inner ear mechanism was dialled up to "11".

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charburchar

Charburchar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That's exactly it!!!
      I'm glad it was just a temporary thing for you and relieved to know it didn't lead to any other problems. I've had it for about a week now, but I'm hoping it will go away soon. I will give it a month before I call the doctor. Thank you for the response!