Ears Vibrating: Haptic Feedback!

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattS, Jul 26, 2019.

1. MattS
      Balanced

MattS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power Tools
      So, here's a new one: I'm sitting on the couch texting a colleague, and we're going back and forth for awhile, sending quite a few texts. And my ears start vibrating. No increase in tinnitus or hyperacusis, but they start getting a bit warm and tingly and such. I think nothing of it, and mostly just laugh at it, as I'm starting to do. But it suddenly occurs to me that the haptic feedback on my phone after every letter press is getting my ears going! I mean... come on - really??

But it's true - I turned the haptic feedback off, and my ears are settling down. Crazy. But also, for anyone else out there experiencing increased sensitivity... consider some of these super tiny environmental instigators. We have, truly, given ourselves super-power hearing, and *anything* can serve as the trigger to set them off.

Cheers,
      Matt

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      When the human ear is damaged mysterious things can happen that are not yet medically documented. No one has a clue about what's going on. Hope it goes away.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattS
      Balanced

MattS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power Tools
      Yup, already went away. But just amazing that such a tiny little sound/vibration can set me off. Really makes you realize that trying to identify triggers requires that you consider even the smallest of things.

But this begs my big question again: which of these triggers actually injures your aural system further, and which of these just aggravates symptoms temporarily?

4. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Yeah. ENTs say that deaf or deafened people are all "special" in the sense that somehow some of them dont hear anything at a certain pitch and somehow can hear tiny sounds in certain conditions. Hearing is just complicated.