Eddie Trunk

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sam Bridge, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Wow, just found this guy on youtube. What an idiot!! Has anyone heard this before? I feel so mad about him making a mockery of T.

Eddie Trunk's PSA on hearing damage 1.12.2015

2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I just listened to the whole thing and I didn't really interpret it as him making a mockery of it to be honest. At least he raised it as a point on his show and gave some awareness to others. As he said, tinnitus is no joke and it can really mess you up.

He could have easily just gone about his day, but he decided to let others know which can only be a good thing.

3. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      Yeah, I don't think he was making a mockery of it, either. Even if he was... well, it's the internet, man, it's not hard to find people making fun of anything anybody struggles with.

4. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Sounded to me he was giving people a warning to keep the volume down you dont want to contract T....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Well not a mockery i guess but how can someone workint in the music industry as long as he has not know more about protecting your ears. He is in his 50s and its like he just discovered ear plugs. Just shows the lack of awarenes I guess.

6. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That's humans for you. We all do some dumb shit. The same can be said about all sorts of things, such as lack of condom use and the contraction of AIDS and other STDs. The lack of cycle helmets being worn that only seem to be of importance when some one cracks their head open and dies.

A lot of people are absolutely aware of the risks but choose to ignore them in most cases. Even if there was a huge advertising campaign about the use of earplugs in clubs and live events, I doubt many would pay much attention. Look at smoking, for years they had pictures of rotten hearts and lungs on the boxes of cigarettes to display what happens when you smoke, but people still bought them in the millions.

It's a step in the right direction and more awareness has to be promoted, but unfortunately it's ultimately up to the people to listen. It's only if earplug use became cool in some way that anyone would use them, because deep down that's all that anyone really cares about. It's ultimately why other safety equipment is not used; people not wanting to stand out and go against the grain. It's pathetic really when you think about it.

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      So true.
      We all more or less think that we're invincible and it happens to others, until....:(

8. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Yep, 50s, lack of awareness....here I am.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      @Ed209 thAts the thing that annoys me most. The complete lack of awareness.If you smoke you know clearly whaf might happen to you. When ive seen metallica and iron maiden at places like the 02 arena in London theres no warnings anywhere, its madness.