Eeeeeeeee the Sound of Silence

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chris browne, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Chris browne

Chris browne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Attack
      Hi people. Im Chris. I have Tinnitus. Mine started after a scuffle at work and has been roaring away for 6 years now. The hardest part for me has been not being able to hear my daughter cry in the night when she was a baby. She would whimper and I would miss it even though I was awake and only a few metres away.

The effect on my life has been massive. Its effected my sleeping causing exhaustion at times where I cant sleep and raised my anxiety levels. I live in a semi rural location so at night its silent. I would do anything to hear that silence. Instead I get that steady roar and high pitched white noise constantly. I do my best to drown it out, but hey.. what can you really do.

I hope one day that people recognise the seriousness of this affliction and more is put into finding a way to stem the constant noise I face from the moment I wake until the time I drift off to sleep. I live in hope.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      @Chris browne
      what exactly caused it ? head injury ? blast to the ears ?

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Chris,

You are a strong man and have a beautiful family.

Be well!!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Chris browne

Chris browne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Attack
      Well the guy grabbed me round the head, tried to lift me by the head in a headlock and in the scuffle gripped me both sides of the head on the ears... the suction and slapping left me stuck with this. Lucky for me it was spotted by people and he lost his job but there really is nothing the NHS offered that would give me any proper respite. Im learning to live with it but I do encourage people to take care of their ears.

5. rzhang
      Transparent

rzhang Member

I'm sorry for what happened. I only hope you look to your family and Jesus for salvation. It absolutely is tough being in the spot you're in. You've got a lot to live for and your post says you've had it since 2011.

You've come a long way but that means in no way that you do not need help. We all do. Luckily you found this place. Stick around for emotional support but don't let it become rumination. I hope your doctors and the NHS works for you in providing respite.

You're in my prayers Chris, God bless.

6. Parfait

Parfait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. That was just very unlucky. Yes, with a good nights sleep everything seems so much better.i find the best noise to mask is the sound of crickets. I also find good ingvto bed much later rather than earlier helps. I've given up alcohol since the start of getting t and that sure promotes a better nights dleep. Again, sorry to hear that this happened to i you while you were working in your NHS job. I work for the NHS as well but I think my job is fairly low risk (I'm a psychologist). I've never been threatened at work to my knowledge.