ETD Tinnitus — Did It Eventually Dissipate for You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by kmohoruk, Apr 21, 2019.

1. kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      Hello everyone,

It seems I may be dealing with a new tone that may be caused by something similar to what @Jack Straw experienced here (i.e. possibly ETD).

Unfortunately I had to go for a long drive today, and now this new tone that was coming and going is spiking after a 5 hour drive. It keeps seeming to come and go - despite the other ETD symptoms diminishing.

For people that have tinnitus from ETD, did you find that your tinnitus or new tone eventually dissipated once the ETD cleared up?

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      I have ETD but don't get any new tones. I had Hyperacusis, and aversion to certain sounds, vaccum, heatpump, etc. It also used to bother me to drive in the car. That has gone away. It's possible that is what you are experiencing. I most likely got ETD from a bad cold in December, that didn't come to light until January after a TBI. Mine has been getting better gradually since Feb. I now have more good days than bad. Bit of a setback yesterday, I have another bad head cold and had T. for most of the day. Woke at 2 am and it was gone, it's now 8:30 AST and still quiet. That has been my experience for the last month or so, one bad day followed by a few good ones. My concussion doc, who also has T. is confident it will go away, or at the very least will subside to a low amplitude.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      Thanks for replying @dellwas !

Yeah it sort of just hit me randomly last week, but hopefully the new tone will continue to slowly diminish.

Driving overall doesn’t bother me as well. I drive an older car, but it’s not too loud overall.

That’s great to hear that news from your concussion doctor. I hope yours continues to stay calm and quiet!

• Like Like x 1
    4. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Thanks, my T. came on 3 weeks after my concussion. I had the concussion on Jan 21st and woke up dizzy. Went to emerg and the doc said the concussion did not cause the dizzyness. He thought I had Meniere's or ETD. Tinnitus did not start until Feb. 7th. Turned out I had the ETD, and BPPV, the latter is now resolved. I got Hyperacusis about a month ago that only lasted a few days, it's no longer there.