Eustachian Tube Dysfunction Caused My Tinnitus and It's Gone Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by Moe, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Moe
      Amazed

Moe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dear All,
      I have been suffering from ETD which caused Tinnitus and i have been hearing the star wars lightsaber for 8 months now. 2 month ago i started taking krill oil and one month ago Korean Gensisng. I have been taking a Krill oil 1000MG at 8:00 AM and one pill Korean gensing "panax Gensing" 200MG with 10% Ginsenosides at 10:00 AM and i cannot believe it , it’s gone !!!!
      I just want to share my experience and I can feel the pain and stress of tinnitus. It all started in OCT 2014 when i hade a severe cold and instead of resting home, i flew for 2 hours for work.I am a big believer in herbs and Mother Nature. So i decided to let go and live my life and get used to the sound, i never took krill or any herb to treat tinnitus or EDT. It’s just a coincidence that i could not even believe it and i cannot explain it how the combination of two Krill and Korean Ginseng treated my tinnitus.
      I am a smoker and i can tell that smoking makes it worse, i have done some tests to take just krill oil alone and monitored the tinnitus and i found its much less. Then a few days later I took just Korean ginseng without Krill oil , i felt fresh but the tinnitus still can be heard. Then I continued mixing both and I cannot hear the lightsaber noise anymore!!!!
      I have no medical or scientific explanation, except that it worked and I thought I have to share my experience with everyone …
      I took the Dr Mercola Krill oil and Buddah’s Herbs Panax Ginseng …
      If someone has a medical background who can share or give some input how this combination cured it please share !!!!!
      For smokers, I switched to Ecig with VG based liguied and more nicotine does impact the tube and I can feel pressure buildup with high nicotine… Even when I changed cigarette brands I felt difference in ear pressure … cannot explain how cigarette brand makes a difference but found out that cigarette with Brown Sugar or Molasses does reduce the ear ETD problem. All I measured is my feeling in ear pressure and lightsaber noise in my left ear… Someway Nicotine is making my EDT worse…. However with the combination I mentioned I am just great and if I stop for 2 days its back , so I am planning to take Krill and Korean ginseng and for probably another 3 months and I will update you if anything changes.

• Like Like x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    2. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Even though this sounds a bit like an ad..I will respond. The cigarettes probably irritate your e tubes.I smoke and don't notice anything. Odd.No change in T, H Rt or ETD. Perhaps you can share why you decided to take krill oil?

I would edit the brand names out so it doesn't sound like an ad ;)

3. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi @Moe,

I too have ETD and TMJ. I was looking for the best way to describe the noise in my head which for me has been intermittent. It is the light saber. Thank you, thank you for helping me put words to it. Mine improves appreciably when I am consistent on my meds. My TMJ however, will not abate until I am done with my Invisalign I am afraid. I have a bad habit of grinding the aligners together during the day.

Danielle.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Moe
      Amazed

Moe Member

Tinnitus Since:

my intention was not to treat my ETD problem i almost forgot about it, i usually take herbal, omega 3 , white tea , many unknown herbs like Ashwagandha and search Chinese stuff. i could not explain this combination of krill and Korean ginseng.
      i dont care about the brands and i dont know how to edit and remove them "share how to edit the post remove them" , this is not an add. I just would like to share and if anyone from the medical field can give some input what Krill oil and the ginseng has to do with ETD ?
      i am guessing it has to deal with some sort of inflammation in the tube ... i am guessing i am not a professional. its just my experience and what i am dealing with.
      I stopped seeing doctors long time ago because no one gave me an answer. However I found the Germans are much more advanced than us in this field and they have very high successful rate in the balloon dilatation of the. Eustachian tube. Most Dr i have seen in Dallas, TX area are afraid from the procedure due to the three arteries surrounding the tube. I have done extensive research on ETD and consulted resources and forums overseas.
      I am a person who hates noise and I got irritated by noise, Tinnitus is my enemy.
      Was seriously thinking of doing the procedure in Germany and if this does not work for the next few months, I definitely will go to Germany and do the balloon dilation. I am 41 and young to deal with tinnitus at this age especially with my habits tight to quiet and calm environments.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      @Moe ,

I forgot to say congratulations and am so happy for you that the light saber is no longer beaming in your ears.

• Like Like x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It's lovely to hear you are doing so well with your tinnitus and found something that works great for you so well done......lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Interesting regarding Germany. I have tmj as well and believe this is cause of my ETD, however, I also had a very bad virus that seem to cause some damage many years ago.

My etd issues come and go. I may try the krill oil after some research. .I really don't see the benefits of ginseng however.

All the best!

8. Nina Ji

Nina Ji Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015

9. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I know for a fact that ETD didn't cause my T, and I'm not even completely sure that I have it, but I get this stupid crackling in my ears when I swallow or move a certain muscle in my throat, as if the ringing sound wasn't enough to bother me already. Also I get occasional, very slight, full feeling in my ears. All due to one night out wearing earplugs that seem to cause a pressure in my ear while wearing them. I may have to look into this as it doesn't seem very expensive. I am also a smoker, about a pack a day.

10. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Moe How is your hum these days?? Did the Korean Ginseng and the krill are still helping?? I just started taking this combination...will post if I get any changes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @OnceUponaTime - i just stumbled upon this forum and I was wondering if the krill oil and Korean Ginseng is working? I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I need all the sleep I need and this tinnitus isn't helping. I would love an update on this regiment, is it working for you?

12. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @jb96734 Hi, I stopped taking the Korean Ginseng a while ago because something I read about certain side effects that I didn't like. But I am thinking about giving it a go again... hope all is well and congratulations. If you need to sleep try magnesium . I use (Vitacost Natural Tranquility(t) Magnesium ) and I put 1 tsp in my sleepy time tea. It helps me to sleep. :) But check with your doctor since you are pregnant. :)

13. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016

good to hear moe!
      was your T, contant? lets say... 24/7
      was it high pitched sometimes?