Eustachian Tube Dysfunction? Please Help...

Discussion in 'Support' started by garywi, Mar 7, 2017.

1. garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had a couple days now where I can't sleep. My white noise generators in my bedroom cannot drown out the sound of the ringing in my left ear. Sometimes I seems like my Eustachian tubes keep closing and making the ringing seem louder.

When this happens, it reminds me when I had excessive ear wax which made my ringing louder.

Does this make sense. I am feeling some anguish and am losing some hope today.

I have been to 3 ear doctors. The last one I mentioned that it seems like the Eustachian tube closes a lot in my ringing ear and not hardly ever in my good right ear.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Kind of sad this morning.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Your doctor can provide a nose spray
      ..also carefully you can hold your nose and blow so your tubes open and clear but I would only do it once or twice a day.
      Steam inhalation can help too and Sudafed....
      Try stay calm and relax as anxiety will feed the tinnitus and ramp up on volume....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Afrin or Flonase ?

4. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      My T lasted nearly 6 months and eventually went away in mid March this year , and has not returned since. I strongly believe mine was caused by ETD. Check my thread in success stories and see what I did to successfully recover. Keep in mind that it takes time, a lot of time.