Every New Sound I Hear Freaks Me Out!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I'll be at work and all of a sudden notice a strange, high frequency sound and immediately I wonder to myself "oh my gosh.. Is this a new sound for my T or can other people hear it too?" Just a few days ago, I went to the movies and there was a really weird electrical hum outside the theather. Immediately my heart rate picked up and I asked my boyfriend if he could hear it too (luckily he could). Anyone else find themselves doing this? It's really creating a lot of anxiety and I can't stop doing it! :(

2. Dave111
      Transparent

Dave111 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Makeing music in band and headphone on to long.
      At the begining yes, but now i know my sounds after a few months.

• Like Like x 1
    3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think when your on Maternity leave and ears having a rest from work and phones and hormones settled you will find a little peace and really hope for you your tinnitus goes away...lots of love glynis x

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hello Natalie,
      I lost all hearing suddenly in one ear a few years back and tinnitus became a huge problem for me at that point. All sound freaked me out for the first several months. I still hear noise in my deaf ear with every sound I hear in my right ear -very annoying but it does not scare me anymore. Your limbic system is involved with the onset of tinnitus and it's a physical reaction in your brain that makes you feel panic because of sound. It does get better as time passes.
      Funny story........There was a gas leak near our home last summer, happened around four in the morning. The noise woke this half deaf woman from a sound sleep! It was like 10 helicopters were hovering over the roof of our house! I thought my good ear had begun behaving like my bad ear and that was going to be my new normal! I woke my husband and asked "Do you hear a loud noise?". I was so relieved when he said that it sounded like a bunch of helicopters were over the house. At that point, I didn't know what was causing this noise. I was just glad that it wasn't just in my head!

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      @Lorac LOL. Thats exactly how I feel. :DMy thought process.. "is this really an external noise or is it in my head.. oh shit, what if its in my head? What am I going to do? Oh my gosh. It's really really loud." Then I ask someone I'm with if they hear it too.. They always have but it's sad that we have to live our lives like this.