Experience of Being Pregnant with Pre-Existing Tinnitus Condition

Discussion in 'Support' started by anusha, Feb 22, 2018.

1. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Hello,

I would like to ask female members of the forum if anyone had a child with pre-existing tinnitus?

I have T since 2 and half months and before T we were had kids on our mind and I was on prenatals. But after T onset I was in a mess for one and half month. Since last one month my panic and anxiety due to the sounds reduced by 80%. I am annoyed more than panicked now. That too annoyed only during night when I want to sleep and morning when I wake up. I wanted to be in a good state of mind and calmness when If I am planning to have kids but with T I feel I am fine during daytime when I am busy but when I am back to silent rooms (home/sleep) I am still anxious. Also, I stopped taking prenatals since T onset as I was using ginko and vitamin b12.

Point is at the moment I am really scared reading some posts that pregnancy hormones can spike up the T sounds. Are there any people who had a child with pre-existing Tinnitus? How was your T during pregnancy and did it make any difference.

I am not sure if my gynecologist knows any person with such case. I haven't consulted him after my T onset.

I have been delaying kids for career, travel and right time and when I thought it was the right time I have T in my life. Now I don't feel like delaying more due to hypothyrodism and age factors.

2. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey! I feel I am in the same boat as you.
      I have also delayed in having children because I wanted to wait until my husband and I was ready.
      I am now 30 and we started trying since last year, it hasn’t happened yet but while we have been trying I developed Tinnitus one morning out of the blue and have no idea why. I also have had a rough few months, I don’t want my wish to have kids to leave because of stupid tinnitus!
      I still want to try to live my life and also have kids, but have been wondering how pre existing tinnitus is with being pregnant.