Extra Tinnitus Tone I Only Hear When Laying Down

Discussion in 'Support' started by Karl28, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      I have tinnitus in both ears but it changed back in 2014 and developed a new noise in my right ear but I only hear it when I lay down in bed.

I lay down in bed to go to sleep: My left ear is on the pillow and my right ear is facing up.
      For the first couple of minutes I can't hear any ringing in my right ear but then gradually this extra ringing noise will creep up and appear and then stay there until morning or unless I get up and move around. But then even If I get up, by the time I lay down again it will most times not be there and then again appear.

It only comes went I lay down.

Even if I use ear plugs during the day for whatever reason I don't hear that extra noise in my right ear. Just again its only when I lay down to go to sleep.

I can't really explain it.

Could it be a blood thing? Blood rushing to my head and that ear since I'm laying down in bed?
      Maybe worth taking ginko or vinpocetine as a vasodilator for blood flow?

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Cyberdrink

Cyberdrink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      i dunno... please don't take this the wrong way. i know how frustrating it is to have someone try and tell you what your T sounds like, or if they give you some "answer" that you know to be inapplicable in your situation.

I also notice some noises at night that i don't hear during the day, but i've always contributed them to me being ultra focused on my T in the evenings, especially when lying down in bed, when we're alone with our T and our brains just dial in and focus on the only thing present: the T.

perhaps what your hearing at night are lower level sounds that are actually always present, but you notice them when your laying down due to the lack of other stimuli and your brain's increased focus?

3. Angel G
      Dreaming

Angel G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      My noise also increases several times when I lay down for 15+ minutes thus keeping me awaken.

• Hug Hug x 1