Fainted and Hit Head — Will Tinnitus Get Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ngo13, May 14, 2022.

1. Ngo13

Ngo13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Baby scream (acoustic trauma)
      Hi all, so I've been struggling with my tinnitus I acquired 3.5 months ago from acoustic trauma.

Well this morning I woke up feeling super nauseous, ended up vomiting a little then went back to bed. I suspected my blood pressure and I did take it and it was low.

Anyway, I was feeling better after about 2 hours more of sleep and was getting up to feed my son. Next thing I know my husband is holding me and I'm on the ground so I must have fainted. I did hit my head on our hardwood floor.

Of course my first thought after I realized what happened is that I'm terrified my tinnitus is going to get worse now. I had a good night last night (tinnitus the same but was able to distract myself) and now this happens. I don't know how I will handle my tinnitus getting worse. I know I really just need to wait and see but it's making my anxiety go through the roof.

I'm not sure if I have a concussion but I don't think so, just a bump and mild headache. I have never fainted before.

Has anyone hit their head after acquiring tinnitus and not had it increase?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I slipped and fell on some stairs. I had a temporary change in tinnitus. Acquired a CD player with a disc skipping tone, but it went away.

• Like Like x 1
    3. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My dad had an industrial accident - metal fell on him from height. Bashed his head pretty good, and broke his back, but his tinnitus is the same.

It really just depends on the person. I think you should be ok though.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ngo13

Ngo13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Baby scream (acoustic trauma)
      Glad to hear it went away!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I sustained a concussion last year. I was put on high dose Quercetin. My tinnitus at the time was unchanged.