Far Far Far Much Better After 40 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Dive Master, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Dive Master
      Tired

Dive Master Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airbag blast
      Hi all! Just a word to give you hope.

I had a severe acoustic blast due to an airbag 3 years and a half ago on my left ear only. I told somewhere in the forum my story till the end of my Retigabine intake (16 monts ago I think).

I'm having 1 rTMS session per month after an initial 1 session per week over 5 weeks. Sounds like I'm fortunate to live in France : 25€ a session taken in charge by healthcare and 46€ the next session from your own pocket, then 25€ and so on.

I can't say if this major improvement is due to time, the load of medication (became wasted, a garbage), or rTMS but today:
      - no bad days anymore
      - no more headaches
      - T is buzzing only at wake up and fades out with everyday sounds
      - at wake up sometime (to stay in bed later the WE with my wife) I use 100€ PLT earphones (the sound hits the eardrum and freely goes back to the outside) at a low level. Pink Floyd/Gilmour and Celtic work the best for me :)
      - I'm still taken in charge by my psychiatrist but for a work burn out, T is not the main subject anymore.
      - I can't explain why my left ear (the T one) begins to ear again sounds in the lost frequency (ear cells are not supposed to be dead ???)

So that's it! I hope it will last... Take care you all and hang on!

• Like x 7
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Informative x 1
    2. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Congratulations and long may it continue

• Like Like x 1
    3. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      I wish we could all have a kind of improvement and find some relief. I'm getting more and more frustrated each day. Congratulations for your success. No living creature on earth deserves to experience chronic tinnitus. I wish you each month to be better and better. Did retigabine helped you when you were on it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dive Master
      Tired

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airbag blast
      @Agrajag364: this is my biggest fear, the revenge of T ! I have my survival kit always on me (with my house keys) anti-noise ear plugs, and finger in the the ear as soon as a Harley passes close to my car. Also when fire exercices are scheduled at work I go outside or leave away ASAP when not scheduled.

@vermillion: I think whithout RTG I couln't have make it. BUT my body tolerated it and second effects were really really scarry. I had reached to a point where I didn't gave a sh*t.

For both of you, your T is "young", I was given to myself 5 years to "forget it". I mean my T is still here, at a far lower level, since I can measure it, but now I manage to forget it and I experience some kind of silence. So, be patient, if you need help go to a shrink and/or a neurologist. Don't be afraid of medication if you need it, it really helps. Some kind of BZP and anti-epilepsy drugs are smooth enough to induce no addiction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You could bring Peltor muffs with you to work, in case of a fire alarm or a fire drill.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dive Master
      Tired

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airbag blast
      In French Murphy's law is translated by "LEM = Loi de l'Emmerdement Maximum", the time you need it, you can't find it or have forgotten it home...:cry:

• Hug Hug x 1