Fear and Intrusiveness

Discussion in 'Support' started by Falconfox, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      Lately I've been getting better I think but am still having some serious hiccups. Yesterday I remember hearing the T and not really caring and it just faded away for most of the day, and when it popped up I just shrugged my shoulders and continued doing whatever and forgot about it pretty quick. Today while getting coffee some church bells rang next to me and spooked me and sort of got my anxiety up unfortunately. Now I don't think the T has spiked (though that doesn't stop me from fearing that it will/has) since when I hear it now it's as familiar as yesterday but I can't seem to unfocus on it now making it seem more intrusive. Is this a similar experience for anyone?

2. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Yes...I had some very loud spikes with the onset of T.

Fast forward...it is MUCH better. :)

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yup. At work I was obsessed with slamming doors and fire alarms. We had a fire drill about twice a year but I worried that every day it would go off, then I'd actually actively listen to my T (which was stupid) and think things like, "If the fire alarm went off and made my T worse, how could I stand it?"

4. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      What caused yours? You sound very much like me. Sometimes I have moments where I don't notice my tinnitus and the sometimes it becomes louder. Like if I have a spike that last a couple of minute.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      @CarloZ It's hard to say, best bet at this time seems some minor neck trauma, I overdid it at the gym and tweaked my neck pretty significantly just before the onset. Just did physical therapy exercises for it today and it fatigued pretty quick, I hadn't realized how weak it had gotten. Ya it's weird, sometimes it seemed to spike but I didn't care, but if I feel like I'm responsible for a spike in anyway it just ruins my day completely.

@I who love music Once again you've given me a clue I think. I freak out which makes me fear things out of my control, which makes me "actively" listen to it, which amplifies my perception of it, which makes me worry and I'm caught in the loop. I know I've heard this before but I guess it can be hard to see in yourself, plus it's little comfort once you're in it.

6. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Falconfox Hello friend, yes indeed what you say is very familiar to me .
      Inhave had T 24/7 since April . At first I had a total breakdown and then by last week i thought i was habituating it . I felt good for a week , had no fear when i noticed the T and pushed it to the background easily. Now yesterday I lost it again . The T is raging . Kept me awake all night and I have been in a right state today . Desperate. I give in .