Fear

Discussion in 'Support' started by MrNobody, Aug 25, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all , I am living in pure hell right now. I got T after a middle ear effusion in April this year was treated with Amoxicillin . I have raging tones in one ear so loud i cannot hear the tv or ambient noise some days . The Other ear hums each night as i get tired.

Some days the noises drop down to almost nothing for some hours but then return and seem to be MUCH louder . Last night I had this pure feedback tone so loud it filled my entire head and world and i was awake in panic all night. It is now like a massive hiss.

My huge fear is that my wife is a teacher and every winter brings home at least two vile infections from school that i always get and it attacks my ears often . What if i get a blocked ear or ears again ? Will the the T get even worse? I wont even dare take antibiotics . My Dr cautioned me agsinst taking them ever again.

If my T got any worse I would rather die .

I only just git to the point recentky where i felt i was habituating when the T git far worse for no apparent reason ... Altough i am stressing that i may have a tumour and am waiting on an MRI because i also have facial numbness and twitching .

I am so scared folks. I cannot live if it gets worse

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Mattd313

Mattd313 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      MrNobody- why did your doctor caution you against taking antibiotics? Is it thought that the antibiotics caused your T, and not the fluid that was in your ear?

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @MrNobody,
      Sorry to hear your tinnitus is so loud and in your head too.
      Try not to panic and try stay calm and it should settle down a little.
      I know your worrying over your MRI but try not to.
      Your middle ear cases your facial nerve and ear infections can cause problems causing facial problems.
      Acoustic Neuromas are slow growing and I know people with them and don't need treatment just kept an eye on to monitor it.
      Try stay calm and let ENT look after you .
      I work in a school and I have the flu jab to help protect me from the colds that go around .
      Try to stay positive and try things to help like sound therapy played through the night to help you and relax you and set it below your tinnitus.
      Your brain will work hard to pick up the lower sound you have chosen and push the tinnitus to the back ground.
      Keep posting for support....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glynis-harbron Hi Glynis and thanks so much for your support. It means a huge amount to know somebody knows a little about me,
      I am terrified . I havevthe T , hearing loss , numbness and now facial twitching .., all AN symptoms but i supose it could be stress. I am just not coping anymore after coming such a long way .
      Please keep in touch Glynis , it helps. I am in UK .

• Like Like x 1
    5. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      The fear of it getting worse is my issue too. Dr. Hubbard (who posts on here) has told me it is NOT a progressive disease. Hopefully that is true

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I was on Amoxicillin for the same thing last year but luckily it didn't make it worse.

7. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Matt ,it was a new GP that gave me Amoxicillin for the ear efussion then when i saw my GP of 20 years he told me he would never have givin me antibiotics for that condition and that i must be extremely careful taking them in future. Today my ear is utterly raging and i have lost control again . No sleep . Cannot eat . Constant fear. My good ear has started humming and itching .I am now having facial twitching too . Coukd be stress i guess. I have an MRI next week to rule out ( i hope) acoustic neuroma .

8. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I thought amoxicilllin was safe to take?

9. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @MrNobody,
      Sorry to hear your not sleeping or eating and probably feeling low also and anxiety and fear due to awaiting a MRI.
      If your sleep is poor try sound therapy and relaxation or sleeping aids over the counter meds but if it goes on a while ask your doctor for some help to sleep.
      Try to eat small snacks if can not face a meal and drink some milk too and eat some fruit and bananas are good or toast with a warm drink.
      Keep posting for support around the clock. ...lots of love glynis

10. Hux

Hux Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I believe that life decided to give us more life but tormented, in exchange for not kill us, by some reason.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      it can get worse, better, or stay the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
    12. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks Glynis Much appreciated. I tried a few things from the Dr for sleep but unfortunately any pill that makes me drowsy makes the T rage even more . I am in a right pickle .
      Dr says I also have TMJ so my ears hurt like hell too .It is some of the worst pain I ever had.
      Today i have pressure in my lugs , pain and the raging hiss .
      At one time I was only sleeping two hours a day . I was hallucinating in the end.
      All i can do is keep on keeping on. I have never been so miserable and if not fir the love of my wife i woukd have killed myself back in June.
      I dont feel suicidal today though really . Just very miserable and sad.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @MrNobody ,
      TMJ can be treated with a mouth guard to wear at night over your lower teeth.
      Mine went after 30+years with a partial denture that 're positioned my jaw.
      Poor sleep will impact on your mood as it did for me too so I hope you find something that helps you sleep that's best for you.
      Emotions play a big part in tinnitus and trying keep our mood level up to cope a bit better with the sound.
      Keeping busy,sleeping well,eating well,relax,exercise, making nice plans can help and talking therapy and medication and support all can help so don't suffer alone.....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @glynis-harbron cheers glynis I will do my best to keep well and hope you do too.x

15. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      the despair when you originally find out its incurable!

Who ever even thought about T until they got it?

wawa!enjoy.......

Obviously sarcasm before anyone gets pissed....

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Dr Hubbard is wrong!
      He just needs to read some of the stories here to see that it can get worse, just like any other condition.

17. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I have full body twitching and loud T in both ears. Got a full head and spinal MRI. Came back clear. Acoustic Neuromas are very rare. Stress and lack of sleep accompanied by poor nutrition (if you've no appetite) is the most likely cause of the twitching.

18. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      That is anecdotal. There is real medical research on this stuff.

19. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Tinnitus is subjective, anecdotal experiences are worth as much as "research"... tinnitus research outcomes are based on anecdotes ("today I feel a 5")

If you claim tinnitus cannot be a progressive disease, you are wrong. You are ridiculing all those whosee tinnitus got worse!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      That doesn't mean anyone is ridiculing anyone that got worse. Just because it is not a progressive disease in general doesn't mean that no one's T can't get worse. It only means in general it is not considered a progressive disease.

And no, they do plenty of research in T and in no way would any medical professional take anecdotal evidence as medical research.

I would hope they would take actual research and not depend on anecdotal evidence. Here is just a bit of the research that is done:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...ved=0ahUKEwjuhZuCsuLOAhVG5GMKHQh2DdMQgQMIHDAA

21. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October, 2012.
      Amoxicillin isn't ototoxic.

22. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      Every single condition in this world has at least one treatment, this is the only horrendous,evil and dark no have NOTHINGS, is a shame after many years still money first, every thing is a business, the ATA don't want to find the cure, why? Simply because no tinnitus no more ATA , and no more business, and that what happens with the rest of the company's and websites that claim to support tinnitus community, hypocrisy. I have 2 jets engines in my ears, a big flute, very high pitched and a power transformer in my head, hyperacusis and reactive, 24/7 - 10/10 for one year never got better, and I have to keep going for my family working in very laugh shop . Suffering every second of my life , worst thing, no treatment,NOTHING.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Go tell that to people who die from Cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Lou Gehrig's Disease, or any of the hundreds that have no good treatments or cures.

There are worse things than tinnitus (you just haven't experienced them). Consider yourself lucky, man.........

24. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      I don't say they not suffering too, but they have hope in treatment and medications, we have NOTHING.

25. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      We have time on our side, many of those people on my list don't. They die.

98% of us with tinnitus get better in time ! Let's be hopeful. .Which is not easy

26. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Marie I don't want to be rude but what are you doing on this board?
      You seem to be in the hands of "best tinnitus and medical experts", you've been told "medically proven facts about tinnitus", so why are you asking for an advice of people here?
      This is a bunch of people who are not medically trained and only speak from an experience which you, obviously, are ready to dismiss because you've been told differently by "tinnitus experts"!
      We are not experts here, we live it every day and our experiences are different to what your experts are telling you.
      If you know better then stick with what works for you but please don't downplay the reality that some of us are facing every day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    27. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Plenty of posters on here seek medical care and additionally advice from here. Is that now wrong?

28. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Nothing wrong with it!
      At all!
      We've all done that.
      But some of your posts come across very dismissive of what the reality is for some, like what Dr Hubbard said.
      Doctors these days will also tell you that some forms of cancer are curable but that doesn't mean that everyone will live.
      Tinnitus is so subjective and just because someone say they can hear it everywhere it doesn't mean it's sever, it could simply be the pitch. We are generally not surrounded with high pitched noise so of course that even a weak pitch can be heard outside.
      I don't hear my engine noise everywhere but it's severe, it's bad, it's physically shaking my whole head.
      It got worse!
      Now I also have new noises, hyperacousis, reactive t, burning pain....
      How's that for not progressive:(

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I don't see how it is dismissive. Yes T is awful for many and just because it is awful for many doesn't mean that most won't habituate. Even if someone speaks to a dr about cancer they have statistics and research that they go by. I mean with this logic everyone here should just assume they should never habituate and that they will get worse and worse and worse. That isn't accurate.

30. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had a half decent morning but now my T is back raging worse than ever .
      I actually fear i might literally go insane .
      I have overwhelming urges to run and hide , escape , switch the noise off but I know I cannot and it is causing pure panic ! I feel desperate at the moment. I do not want to be me . I just want the noise to stop ! Dear god how i long to sit and relax in a quiet room . I HATE my life .
      I weep when I think what I have lost.
      I just keep lurching from suicidal to tiny glimmers of hope and back again but mostly the bad feelings. How can i gonin like this when i feel i do not wantvto live like this?
      My T is so loud it fills the whole world .
      People say try not to think of it ... Impossible ! It is massively loud , above every other sound , even my own inner voice.It screaches , whines , buzzes and hisses as loud as a jet engine . It is simply not possible to forget it or ignore it as it is so massively loud.I am a grown man and i spend half my day crying .
      This b@stard has robbed me of life ,peace and joy.
      Sorry to be so negative friends...I just dont feel able to go in much more.I am so mentally tired.

• Agree Agree x 3