Feb 2015 My Woes Began

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stevec, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Stevec
      Crappy

Stevec Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly due to ear infection
      I still try to figure out what caused it. I had a bad cold and felt a back-pressure when I blew my nose, but didn't hear it right away. I actually first heard the tone in my left ear after yanking out an annoying eyebrow that was protruding straight out. I have often felt an itchy sensation in my left ear for years prior. I would create a vacuum in my ear using my finger to try toget whatever it was out. I love to smoke cigars, but when I do the tone instantly gets about twice as loud. I have also noticed a correlation to chocolate and dairy making it worse. It never goes away but is usually tolerable...barely. At times it is not. My heart goes out to you fellow sufferers, especially those who have it even worse than me.

2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi Stevec
      Welcome to the forum. I hooe we can find great support here.

Can I ask have you ever been to an ENT yet? Did you check your hearing?

I can also relate to itching in the ear. Even though I never had it pre my T, it turned out to be eczema in my left ear when I saw an ENT for my T. He gave me some ear drop and it gone now. Sadly, it has not changed my tinnitus intensity.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Stevec,
      I noticed you said you have had a lot of itching in your ear and leads me to think your tinnitus could be allergy related.
      Try a basic allergy tablet and notice if the itching and tinnitus settles down when taking them ...
      Love to hear if it helps. ...lots of love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1