Feedbacking on Top of Everyday Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by FuzzyFrey, Jun 19, 2015.

1. FuzzyFrey
      Dreaming

FuzzyFrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sustained loud noise through headphones
      Hey guys. Just been getting some more new unwelcome T joining the orchestra in my head, this time a low humming noise in my head that came out of the blue.

Since then although the T itself is quiet, I hear it noticeably humming over certain low frequency noises, such as road noise when I'm driving, the hum of the pizza oven at work, my computer fan, wind blowing, sometimes when I am speaking to people and even my own breathing sometimes. It isn't that different to a low frequency feedback noise from a microphone. It is frustrating to say the least! I am hoping this humming will go away but of course I'm now in the anxious loop worrying it won't!

I've experienced feedbacking before, but at higher frequencies, before this humming came along. I wonder if any one else here has had a similar tale to tell? Thanks!

2. michaelbio

michaelbio Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Teenager
      I just posted the same exact thing at the same time, except mine is more of a whiny pitch. I am blaming the AC in my car for pointing directly on my ear, I didn't even realize it. But it's like a feedback over the tinnitus when I take s shower, walk or people talk. But not every sound triggers it. It just happened early this week. Sounds so similar to you

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FuzzyFrey
      Dreaming

FuzzyFrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sustained loud noise through headphones
      That's right, not every sound triggers it. Just certain types!

Yes, I get that sort of higher pitched feedback too - usually when I hear people clapping or something like a crisp bag rustling. It can get really annoying, especially at the times I get stressed out about it. Google searches drew a blank since its so hard to describe it and it hasn't got a name (as far as I'm aware). I would previously have called it echoing, resonating or reverberating, but freelancing describes it for me best!

This low humming feedback I developed earlier this week is upsetting me since it came out of nowhere and is a new symptom that is adding to what I've already got. I think what worries me most is that it might not subside.

4. michaelbio

michaelbio Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Teenager
      Yeah it's so bizarre. It came on this Tuesday night, and I was in a quiet office doing some work, and I was like what is that damn sound. It even happens when I move. I googled it too, but the closet I got was reactive tinnitus. But it's exactly like a feedback or tunnel echo when a sound appears. I'm hoping for the both of us, it just goes away and this isn't a new normal

• Hug Hug x 1