Feel Like an Idiot

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by FixaUppa, Apr 14, 2018.

1. FixaUppa
      Batty

FixaUppa Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      didn't use earplugs as loud live music played for an hour.
      I attended a punk rock show at a local pub a week ago on a Thursday night. I initially wore earplugs when the first band came on. Then the second band, one of my favorites came on. I didn't put my earplugs in when they played. I thought about it for a second, but I was so excited and hyped I didn't. After their set was over I went outside and my ears were really ringing and I could barely hear. The third band came on and then i put my earplugs back in. After the show, my friend said I was deaf that night and I could barely hear what he was saying. I was drinking during this show and I feel that is what caused my bad judgment to not put in my earplugs. My ears got blasted for approximately an hour without earplugs.

I thought the deafness and ringing would eventually go away in a couple days, but it did not. It has been a week since this acoustic trauma, and my hearing is not the same as it was before and I have a constant slight ringing in my left ear now. There was also slight sharp pain in both my ears that went down my neck and sometimes felt like even down to my arms and fingers. That pain is slowly subsiding. I also had a nauseous feeling, but I did not vomit. Now, I can't tell if my ears are "plugged up" and I just need to pop them, or if it is hearing loss. It didn't help when I returned to work I had to run the backpack blower, but I did use earplugs that time.

I think I'll give it another week before I go see a doctor. In the meantime I'm avoiding loud noises and reading the various threads, support groups, and information that is available. I feel like an idiot because I could have easily prevented this.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't beat yourself up psychologically over this. That is the first step to recovery.
      Second is not making the same mistake again.
      This sounds like it might fade given some time.
      If not go to your GP.
      Regards

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      As Bill says in his post, i would go into a course of prednisone and NAC , go to see an ENT and ask for prednisone and NAC course. Time is important for you my friend

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Steroids shot in the ear asap
      Dont wait

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1