Feeling Awful... Prednisolone Worth a Try?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nic1982, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Nic1982

Nic1982 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/5/15
      Hi guys,

My tinnitus started 7 weeks ago, a high pitch 'eeee' plus hissing. It started at the same time as an outer ear infection. Treated with amoxicillin and within a week the high pitch T was gone. It was gone for almost 4 weeks but still had mild hissing plus ear pain & another course of amoxiclav. 10 days ago the high pitch 'eeee' came back :-( I saw a private ent last night who was sympathetic but didn't really have answers. After asking for it he prescribed prednisilone but said to use it as a last resort if I found it getting worse. Well I had a very bad night with one hour sleep. Do you think it's worth a try? Has it helped anyone else. I don't know whether to consider myself 7 weeks in or 10 days in. I'm worried about the side effects but also sad as I'm getting married in 3 weeks.

He prescribed 40mg for 10 days xx

2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      I took prednisilone a few months ago to see if it would help clear out my blocked eustachian tubes.

It helped with that a little bit but I did notice it made my tinnitus a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nic1982

Nic1982 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/5/15
      @Karl28 Thanks for the reply! Do you remember the dosage? Did you T increase in volume after you finished the steroids? X

4. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Prednisone shuts down immune system. If you have active infection and you take it without strong antibiotic you eill fo more harm than good

• Like Like x 1