Feeling Down...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I had been doing pretty good with my tinnitus and having hope it would get better but this morning I am just feeling kind of down and slightly depressed. Baby was born a little over 6 weeks ago and there still has been no change to my tinnitus other then my reaction (I know this is still improvement but not physical).

I've been dealing with dizziness in addition to my normal tinnitus. My tinnitus isn't any worse but I'm not really getting periods where it's quiet anymore. It's just pretty much constant I think, I just have periods where I don't notice it or tune it out which I am grateful for. I guess I'm frustrated because I am feeling like my tinnitus is not going away and I am stuck with this forever.

While I know I'll be okay either way it's just depressing to think about never hearing silence again. I'm also slightly worried something else may be going on so I plan to mention it to my dr on Monday.. Just wanted to vent as today I'm just feeling really down about this tinnitus thing :,(

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Congrats on your beautiful baby! I've been feeling depressed as well. It's been 3 months since my spike and I don't get panic attacks like I use to because of T but the frustration is still there. I keep hoping that it will go away. I really hope it gets better for us! We are fighters!

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Natalie Roberts . If you have tinnitus you are most likely to develop depression as well . I've been in and out of depression since I got tinnitus in 2012 . I have bouts of depression which lasts between one to two weeks and sometimes longer. I'm sorry to say that tinnitus and depression goes hand in hand. But I'm not letting T get the better of me. I keep myself busy so that I don't dwell on my T . All I can say is live your life and try and not to dwell on the past. Hope this helps.

4. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      From 2013 ? What was the causes of your tinnitus ?
      It changed it frequency during this time or it is constant.?

5. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @trocobob . I had a bad ear infection which left me with loud T my tinnitus is there 24/7 I might get lucky and have a quite day but it's constant most of the time. The sound is like train brakes screeching.

6. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      @Richard zurowski did you checked some doctors ?

The mine it is still not clear for the causese. But there are 3 theories :
      - Ear wax accumulation: I went to A doctor on 5 Feb . Who removed manually the wax and told me that there is nothing wrong. You can go to your home.
      - Stress and fatigue from work and study
      - Negatives emotions since i passed some bad exams on the university and i worried alot about having bad results. Instead of having a stable work. And i dont need to study. But im like that i worry alot about things that dont even to need to think about it.

My T now is moderate (some moments i forget it ) but it is still there .

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've had tinnitus since October 2015 and suffered great anxiety and depression especially in the early stages. I've been feeling okay in general but lately have been feeling just more down about my tinnitus. the feeling comes and goes.

8. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Natalie Roberts. You haven't had tinnitus for long. how loud is your tinnitus from a scale of one to ten . Also you have been through child birth I'm no doctor but maybe you are suffering post natal depression. Depression will make you more aware of your tinnitus.

9. Rintintin
      Frantic

Rintintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and head injury
      Natalie, congrats on the baby, sorry about your depression. It is a major life change to have a baby. I am not an expert in this field but I believe many women feel depressed after having a baby. It is a lot of work and very emotional. Of course, it is a wonderful thing to have a baby, but your experience may be normal in some ways. Hope you feel better.

Rin

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tinnitus is on the lower end of the scale probably . Maybe a 3 but gets up to a 5 or 6 in certain situations as it's very reactive. I'm not really depressed from the child birth just feeling down about my tinnitus in general. This is my third child so I haven't been getting very much sleep which I know plays a roll as well. Just needed to vent a little.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. She is a blessing for sure. She's my third and last daughter and my hands have been full for sure. I'm sure my hormones play a part in why I'm feeling so down lately but I honestly also think it's just the tinnitus is wearing on me the last few days.

Thanks for your support.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Natalie Roberts. Hi Natalie no tinnitus is nice even on the scale you have detailed. When you are down tinnitus seems a whole lot worse. Well it is for me, I'm sure you will feel a lot better when your mood changes for the better. At this moment writing this my head is screening, bad day today so I'm low today but I'll have good days so will you Keep positive and don't let big T beat you.

• Hug Hug x 1