Feeling Down :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by leelo, Jun 26, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Hey guys. I am doing fine. Enjoymy day, doing well in school and sound doenst really bother me because it is mild and easily mask by activities through out the day. But today suddenly out of no where when I notice it i wanted to cry. Cry my eyes out. I think the fact that it will never go away and can be unpredictable got to me. I try to be positive about everything in life but for a moment i felt so down.
      When you feel down about T, what do you say to yourself or do to make you feel better?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      hi leelo!!

your feelings are normal... I too had good and bad days at the beginning... the feeling that this is permanent is very scary.... it took me 6 months to be perfectly ok with it at the beginning.

Fast forward 6 years, I had a normal life and T became part of it, very far away, in the background... The T is now a bit louder because I took ototoxic meds back in May but I am also starting to habituate to my new reality and so can you...

hugs xx

• Like Like x 4
    3. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      If you've only had it since may you may have a lot of stuff you can do. Search through these forums. And cry sometimes. It's ok. I do and I'm a grown man. It's incredibly emotionally draining. Look into HBOT, AM-101, Vagus Nerve Stimulation, natural remedies (supplements). You'll be amazed what you can find. I'm actually trying to learn to live with it and it is hard as F-ck...!!!! but you'll make it through. There's a lot of empathy on this board.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      @leelo youl be just fine! You sound EXACTLY like me... Give yourself sometime. And ours is mild look at that.. I remind myself of that constantly and think of those on here that actually have it worse and i feel bad for even posting on here. But it comes down to T is T and it effects everyone differently. Like you, i am an over anxious person and give myself panic attacks about the stupidest things way before T. When that happens, i take a klonopin and im good. And what i say to myself is that Everyone else and i that have T will be cured sooner then later and it will just be a problem in the past. But for now dont make it a problem, make it apart of life and live through it and it will go unnoticed. When i lay in bed is when i hear it most and i let it ring away cause im used to that. But if i heard it walking around that would be another thing.. But since i know i can fall asleep good hearing it, i know if it ever gets to the point where i can hear it over everything, that i will get use to it again with that. Lifes too short!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      I agree with you grace. Life is too short and thats why i try to be positive. I also feel guilty posting sometimes because it is not as bad as many other people but i realize that it is not how loud the T is but how much it affects your life. I know i will be fine :) been through a lot prior to T. I see it as another struggle i will conquer. Thank you for the positive words

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Thank you for the encouragement

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Ok i will look into it. Thanks for the advice

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      @leelo, your T seems mild from your description. But it is perfectly normal to grieve about the loss of silence. It is a change to the body. But being so new, your T may just fade away or disappear. I have ultra high pitch T and severe hyperacusis which triggered relentless anxiety & panic attacks initially. I went through hell in the first few months surviving on meds. Today I live a perfectly enjoyable life despite T. So don't worry about the future. Will take some time. But you will be just fine. Keep positive and take care.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Don't feel guilty. But I know what you mean. I also sometimes think that I should not post again here and should become better myself.
      Be happy that it is mild although it is difficult accepting lost of silence, whether mild or loud.
      But trust me, hearing a high-pitched tone in my head that cannot be covered by anything is a little bit harder.
      So I am sure you will habituate. Mask you T when it annoys you, listen to every day sounds, stay busy, life your normal life.
      All the best.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. citigirl13
      Dreaming

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Sometimes you need to cry. It's good that you remain positive a lot of the time, but sometimes it feels better just to let it all out. Then I would advise you do something you love. Maybe watch a favourite film, read a good book, bake, exercise etc. Someone said to me that drawing is good because when you are trying to draw something e.g. a bowl of fruit, you are concentrating so hard on getting it right that you are completely focussed on that.

We all have bad days. Sometimes I think, "So what? I'm fine with T" and other times it feels like I can't stand it for another second. We all feel that way. The best thing you can do is live your life the way you want to, regardless of your T.

Hope you feel better.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I love all the nice comments posted on here...

how are you feeling @leelo? is it going better today?

Yes, of course you will be fine!! T is not easy to deal with but it has taught me a great deal... I feel like I appreciate life more and can accomplish anything...

Keep us posted :)

• Like Like x 2
    12. bill 112
      Studious

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      leelo what I say to myelf everyday is this is not forever that this is only temporary as modern medicine and research is getting us there and when they stop this awful condition we will all be better people because of it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    13. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      to be honest I still feel a bit sad but not as much as yesterday because of you'll support. I dont know why i am suddenly feeling this way but I think its because the noise of the T suddenly change to beeping...i dont mind the hiss or static noise as much. I was contented with that and dealing with it. But this beeping... My God its annoying....like wow the hiss could have easily be seen as white noise but this distinct beeping is overwhelming

14. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Your post give me hope. I honestly was doing fine and was accepting it but this change of tone from hiss to beeping....I felt like hitting my head against a wall. I give you props for being such a strong person. because I once listen to the High Pitch of someone T....That is the definition of annoying. But hey like humans we adapt. People have different struggles and i guess this one is ours. btw You do an excellent job in encouraging people.

15. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @leelo, you are a girl right? I am too... I remember that at the beginning, my T was much more annoying in the second part of my menstrual cycle..it settled down when I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter in 2008.

Now, since the spike back in May, I also noticed that my T is more annoying when my period is about to start.

So maybe, the way you're feeling is because of your cycle....

The important thing is you are still here and alive... try to stay positive... being positive makes the wheel of happiness turn... the more you try to stay positive, the better it will be.

hugs xx

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @leelo if your T changes, it is a good sign that it could still change in the future and calm down. It happened to me twice... at the beginning in 2007, it was very loud and it did go down after a while, when I started being ok with it... this time, it was hell when the T got louder and the more ok I was with it, the quicker it calmed down.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Yes my cycle soon start and i am always an emotional wreck before it. So thats probably why I am feeling sooo moody about it. Yeah i am glad its a good sign. I accepted the fact i have T, all i want it to do is continue to be mild and a slight hiss. Please God not this beeping....

• Like Like x 1
    18. ampumpkin
      Amused

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      you see!! your mood must be related to your cycle :) when your period starts, you will start feeling better.

Apologies to the guys that are reading this!! LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Lolll i probably will start to feel better when it starts :)

20. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Thank you for the kind words. But I am not that strong a person. If you read my success story, you will learn that I have suffered decades of anxiety and panic disorders. There were times I didn't know how to move on with life. Panic attacks were so severe I had trouble going out, had trouble even with breathing, and had phobia after phobia to deal with. That was why T & H were so hard for my weakened nerve to handle and I could only survive with meds in the first few months. But T did one thing good for me. It forces me to learn new life skills to survive. I couldn't continue the old way of thinking in distorted way. Learning some CBT skills as well as the way of true acceptance & flowing with life has been a game changer for my life. If an anxiety/panic prone person like me can survive T & H, have faith that most people will do just fine given enough time and adopting a positive approach.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    21. Teri
      Artistic

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I hope this helps. I too, have my bad and good days. I try to find positives and journal them..for example:

1. Since I developed T, I take better advantage of my good days by being more purposeful about what I am doing and pay much much attention to what is important in life.

2. I engage in much more meaningful activities...those that will make me a better person.

3. I have MUCH more apathy for those who are struggling.

Hugs and hang in there!

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. Joshthebear!
      Badass

Joshthebear! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have these kind of days all the time my method is unorthodox but it works ok am gonna give you a step by step

1. Think of ozy and musicians that can hardly hear because of there t but they simply don't give a f@#k

2.make a rock sign whilst shouting F you saaaaaaaaatan! :rockingbanana:
      Sometimes it works if not just have a cry it works haha!

3.enjoy life you only have one. here if ya need to talk :beeranimation:

• Like Like x 3
    23. jojo
      Confused

jojo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      What a bunch of positive lovely folks...made me smile...Hope !!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    24. Snake Plissken
      Crappy

Snake Plissken Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Rare to see someone else of school age with T. If it's a slight comfort, you're not alone.

Been having a shit day myself!

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Well said! needed to read that today! Thanks