Feeling Much Better After 3 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jelena, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Jelena
      Dreaming

Jelena Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/unknown
      3 months ago I was writing a post in the Introduce yourself thread and I remember being so scared, lost and desperate. I did not believe that I would ever get better and I thought that T is gonna rule my life from then on. But I can happily say that I feel much better and am habituated to this noise. My T is not gone and I never found out the cause (after many doctor visits and an MRI), but It doesn't rule my life like it did at the very beginning. Most days I don't even think about it and only after the thought of T pops into my head I start to notice the noise. Also, for most nights, I sleep in the complete silence, something that I thought I could never do again! The noise does get louder sometimes and sometimes it tones down, but it's still there. The only difference is that I don't give it the power to control me and I made "friends" with it and made it a part of me. Our brains are definitely amazing things, the way they can habituate and get used to things.
      So I hope my example helps you in dealing with your newly emerged tinnitus-there is hope and I did not believe it is possible for me not to care about this noise but it is! It is hard in the beginning, we all know that but it takes some time for your brain to process the whole thing and to get used to the noise. Also, this forum has been great help and all these wonderful people who gave me advice and comfort-thank you from the bottom of my heart!

So don't lose hope and have faith, things do and will get better!

All the best!

• Like Like x 9
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    2. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      Hi Jelena
      Thank you for this very happy update on your progress. I'm absolutely delighted for you! You have made amazing progress in such a short time. All the best for your future.
      Tamika

• Like Like x 1
    3. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Eggselent

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Hi Jelena glad your feeling better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Posts like yours are so very important! They give hope and encouragement to new people that are in the same condition you were three months ago. People in that state of discouragement or worse yet, despair, need to have hope that things will get better in order to help them to be able to cope.

I appreciate and respect the fact that you're trying to help and encourage others!...(y)

So glad that you're feeling so much better!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. DavetheAce
      Breezy

DavetheAce Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      showering using local water supply
      Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. Did I tell you this this is wonderful? Well it is. Wonderful that is. What is? That you are no longer desperate and THAT is what got your life back. Good luck for the future.

7. Chris Alexander

Chris Alexander Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      I am pretty much in the same boat......

I barely recognise my T anymore, but I instantly do when someone mentions it! ha!

Life does get better..... and it no longer bothers me, even 1%.

I just wish I could tell the old me this when it happened just over a month ago, it would have saved MANY sleepless nights....

• Like Like x 3
    8. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Woow you're doing it fast, great to hear. @Chris Alexander can you hear you're T all day long? Or only in silent?

9. Chris Alexander

Chris Alexander Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      @sandra72

Well I hear it when I think about it... I also hear it at night, so it is constant. However I am able to just ginore it and when I do hear it at night I am still able to just ignore it and I forget about it for ages and then can randomly think about it! I guess I am lucky. However I would say that my acute anxiety for the first while was worse than the T..... This is why I tell people to get their anxiety/panic under control first and they will find it easier to deal with.

• Agree Agree x 1