Feeling of Pressure and Fluid with Fluctuating Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheUsualSuspect, Oct 8, 2015.

1. TheUsualSuspect

TheUsualSuspect Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007
      So I have a history of Tinnitus in my right ear from a Construction tool about 8-9 years ago. That Is settled and managed.

Recently developed double outer ear infections due to wearing a headset alot from gaming. my right ear cleared up but my left was stubborn. Had a sudden loss of hearing while trying to clean my ears during it causing me to go to the ER. Had a ER doc tell me that I ruptured my eardrum with a qtip but had No pain no blood once i was finally able to get into ENT visit 3 weeks later they said there was no sign of a recent/current rupture and the infection never spread into my middle ear so may/maynot have happened. Might have just impacted drainage since She noted that I had drainage pushed up against the eardrum.

Anyways they put me on good ear drops once i saw the Ent and it healed really quick but my left ear just isn't right since its healed.. I found out later than when I had the (potential) ruptured eardrum My GP had me on a eardrop that should never be used when having one due to it being highly Ototoxic (Neomycin). Overall my hearing is just off although I have no way to confirm if i actually had a ruptured eardrum when using the drops so may/maybe not caused by Ototoxicity or honestly could be anything (were not talking Major hearing loss here just enough to make me notice my strong ear is now weaker. I have fullness and Tinnitus that is on and off in that ear that I never had before. I saw a audiologist yesterday and she says there is no reason for me to have fullness.

As I saw on a few other posts (how I found this place) on this board people talking about Tinnitus hearing loss and (fake) fullness/fluid going hand in hand. I don't remember having any of this when I developed tinnitus in my right ear although that was a very long time ago. Its like a constant pressure that wont go away. I go back to see my ENT in 10 days for what was supposed to be a final check for the ear infections and just at a loss right now whats going on.....

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could be your tubes are a little blocked.
      Try steam inhalation and bowl of hot water and a towel twice a day for two days and should help you.....lots of love glynis

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Ear pressure and fullness is a compensatory mechanism that is used by the body to deal with hearing loss.
      Your hearing has decreased and the brain thinks that there is something blocking the inner ear from normal outside noise (hence the fullness), which obviously is not the case.
      For all its complexity, the brain is pretty dumb most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. John G

John G Member

Could ear fullness possibly be a eustechian tube problem?

5. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      It certainly could.
      But the original poster mentioned he had an ENT visit following his GP appointment, I believe that they would have diagnosed the ETD if he had it.

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      For ETD the best test is done through the nose ti see whats going on with the tubes...lots of love glynis

7. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Just to chip in here, as I have ETD (and now have permanent drainage tubes).

I developed ETD after a viral infection, and I slowly developed feelings of pressure and fullness coupled with popping, slapping and bubbling noises in the ears. It progressed to feelings of increasing pressure and an inability to 'pop' the Eustachian tubes, even after massive Valsalva attempts It's a wonder I didn't do any obvious damage.

There was no obvious glue ear etc, but middle ear ventilation was suggested which has helped the pressure symptoms and the fullness, but the tinnitus is unchanged.

Fungus.

8. John G

John G Member

I was at the Ent yesterday. He put one thing (camera) up my nose. That was dam uncomfortable. Anyways, he put it up the left nostril and not the right one. I wonder why he didnt put it up the right nostril. My right ear is the worst side.

Or maybe he can see everything going through one nostril?

He then prescribed me Omnaris nasal spray. Then he said "see you in a month". I wonder if it's worth even trying/getting the nasal spray. It's about 45 bucks canadian

9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would give it a try as our ears are so precious and sensitive..lots of love glynis