Feeling Pretty Good!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Kez, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Kez

Kez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello,

I've not been on this site for a while, but just wanted to update...in Feb this year my T introduced itself, loud and all consuming, after various scans, a visit to an ENT, a dental examination, the only info I got was the old "try to get used to it" and this as you all know is the very worst news to get!

I didn't know what to do, I wondered how I was going to live the rest of my life with this condition, I read everything I could find, I tried ginkgo, white noise, music, meditation...and lots of visits to a GP...at times it seemed to slightly improve and after making some notes in a diary I realised that my T would spike when I had PMT, brilliant!

Earlier on a doctor had prescribed Escitilopram for the anxiety I was feeling, but I didn't want to go there....

but eventually I decided to try it to see if it would help, and after just two days my world changed. It's been about 5 months now, I am only taking half the prescribed dose, which is just 5mg a day and

Although the T is still there, it's just not bothering me, my reaction to it the T has changed and I have my life back!

I know this isn't for everyone, but so far this is working for me..,never give up hope, I really didn't think I would be feeling so good, but here I am!

Merry Christmas

• Like Like x 3