Felt Pulsating Tinnitus for the First Time Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by Reem, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Reem

Reem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      hi all.
      So this morning, i was awoken to a lot of pressure in my head, I felt my heart rate thumping and I heard my heart beat pulsating in my right ear. It went away as soon as my heart rate went down. It scared me, and I wasn't sure how to interpret that. As I got anxious my heart rate increased and I heard it pulsating in my right ear again but not as loud.
      I eventually fell back asleep and woke up again to the same feeling as the first one.
      Both times I was in REM sleep.
      Oh, after the first time, right after, my right arm started to feel weird. Some areas on my skin feels tight and dry. I did injure my shoulder on Saturday and it hurts more on that area as well.
      I do know I haven't been hydrating very well these pass few days so I'm wondering if that's the problem.
      As in typing this I'm not so sure if it is pulsating tinnitus?!!??
      I don't know... I do have tinnitus in general so I thought I'm starting this form of it.
      What do you guys think? Anyone with pulsating tinnitus experience this?
      Thank you!

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Reem

It's hard to say what might have set off your pulsating. Mine started in a similar manner six years ago. I had mild tinnitus in my right ear, and after I took a blood pressure drug for the first time, had bad side effects, and decided to get off it, I think I caused some kind of trauma to my system, because the pulsating started not long after that.

It is not unusual to feel pressure in that ear, too. I don't know about your other symptoms of the tight skin and the problems with your right arm. That could be due to the injury, as you said.

I think the best thing to do is to observe your condition, and see if it returns. '

Please update us tomorrow on how you're doing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Reem

Reem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Hi Karen!
      Well I hydrated more than I had the past few days yesterday. I didn't have any problems this morning when I woke up. Just my usual tinnitus in my left ear!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Reem!

That is great news. I truly hope you don't have any more problems with the pulsating, and that it stays away! You are very lucky that keeping hydrated has gotten rid of the pulsating.

Take care,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1