Fillers and Botox for Face / Side Effects / Safe for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rafroki, May 24, 2018.

1. Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      So I have had tinnitus since August 2016 which happened after a music session in studio.

I am planning to get fillers and some botox in my face and I was wondering will it affect my tinnitus.

Will the solution in fillers and botox get absorbed in my body and make my tinnitus worse?

I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you in advance!

2. DebraTurner

DebraTurner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have suffered from tinnitus since 2014 I think it could be been after a bad ear infection. I have fillers and botox and it hasn' made it any worse. I have been having RF ultraonic captivation slimming and tightening treatment and the captivation tool they use sends off a high pitched noise through your head. Since I'e been having those treatments my tinnitus has gotten so much louder.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Rafroki
      I've been wanting to get fillers as well, but been nervous.
      I have certainly found some anecdotal evidence that botox has caused tinnitus, but again, it's hard to know if this is the case given the limited detail given in people's stories.
      @DebraTurner thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sorry that your tinnitus has gotten worse. Are you going to discontinue the treatments? I've never heard of them, going to do a Google search to read up about them. The loud noise you mention would certainly put me off!

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I've run across a good number of horror stories regarding botox and tinnitus, and botox and other even more serious maladies. Do a quick google search on botox and tinnitus, and you should find some of those stories. I wouldn't chance it in a million years.

Here's a story right here on this forum. You might want to just put botox in the search box and see what you come up with...

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      One lady I know got tinnitus due to filler in the nose followed by stuff to dissolve filler after the filler caused headaches

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Wow that is sad! I cannot even take care of my face because I have Tinnitus. What a life! This tinnitus has ruined my life. Everywhere I go I have to think about it. what food I eat, if I go to a lounge bar I have to wear ear plugs. This is ridiculous! And they cannot come up with something to fix this.
      Well thank you all so much for your reply. I appreciate your time, effort and concern. You all are very nice and I wish all of you to heal soon and get rid of this horrible symptom or what ever you call it. That we have to deal with 24/7.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I am so sorry to hear that! I hope it gets better soon. I know how horrible it is. so sorry! But it did not effect you when you got fillers? I want to get some fillers under my eyes to get rid of my dark circles. I am afraid. Also some botox in my forhead.

9. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I just did a google search on "dark circles" and liver, and the following was the first thing that came up...

One of the most common culprits of dark circles is, surprisingly, your liver. When it gets backed up with toxins, it takes it out on your under eyes. That's where milk thistle comes in. It can help wipe out liver-related dark circles better than your favorite concealer, because it helps detoxify your liver.

5 grams daily of sodium ascorbate powder will also do wonders for the liver. Also, if you want your facial skin to look up to 10 years younger, get into the habit of putting a small amount of castor oil on your wrinkle areas before going to bed at night.​

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Rafroki you have a handsome face and you do not need to change anything with botox or fillers. Once you start you cannot stop that treatment. I have decided to age gracefully with the help of different products - my friends all look like blow up faces and so weird.

Men are lucky age looks great on you!!

I will never do botox. I have grown out my bangs to hide my forehead though.....:) age has never been important to me personally. I live here in the land of botox and fillers and designer bags and shoes. I love being able to look normal and I only collect cowboy boots now. No expensive designer shoes for me!!!

• Like Like x 3
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      You are so nice :) Thank you for researching that. I will definitely give that a try!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rafroki
      Confused

Rafroki Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Starthrower thank you so much for your thoughtful response.