First Real Spike and I Have a Question...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lorenzo74, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi All...

I have had T for a couple of years on both ears, constant sound... After 9 months I habituated to it, but I kept avoiding loud places and protecting my ears... Luckily my T stays very much the same all the time.. Only about once a month my right ear spikes for a few seconds and then goes back to normal... So very lucky..

I have a small 100cc moped (motorbike) which I use to go around my city.. I never drive long distances and I never use earplugs while riding it as my T seemed ok with it and never really reacted.. I only plug my ears if an ambulance or a siren passes by me, other than that I am ok with riding...

Friday I had to go about 20km from my place and I went with my moped as I didn't want to get stuck in traffic.. So I went and drove back an hour later and when I got home I realized my right ear was kind of "muffled" and the ringing on that ear was considerably higher...

It stayed like that until Sunday, when luckily, everything went back to normal with my normal T... I did get quite a scare I have to say...

Off course from now on I will use earplugs for long rides... But can anyone explain to me what happened to my right ear ?

All the best to you all T people... Keep it up !!! Big hug !!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Santhosh
      Cool

Santhosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sensorineural hearing loss,weed,In-ear headphones,Loud music
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lorenzo74
      Mellow