Fleeting Tinnitus for Longer Periods of Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mgbigair, Dec 22, 2019.

1. mgbigair

mgbigair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hey all,

A month ago Fleeting tinnitus struck but it was a bit different. I had ringing in my ear for with some fullness for about 30 minutes or so. I went to the doctor and she didn’t see anything wrong and my hearing was fine.

Today I got the same sensation and the ringing has been lasting about 2 hours and slowly getting better.

Is this a known episode tinnitus or maybe something else?

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Flyingsheep
      Sheepish

Flyingsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When my tinnitus first started, about a month in I had an incident with fleeting tinnitus that came and instead of fading away like it usually does in 5-10 seconds, it stayed the same for 3-4 hours. I went pretty crazy because it was so freaking loud, but it finally stopped at night. Haven't had an incident like that again and it's been a year. Wish I had the answer.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mgbigair

mgbigair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Interesting. I’m not sure what else this could be.

4. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      @mgbigair I'm freaking out right now, sudden low tone and fullness in right ear!!! It's been an hour.

5. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      I was in ER when I read this thread, I probably had the same thing, my fleeting tinnitus is always high pitch but this fleeting tone is lower and loud and my ears felt full. Just an update, this thread saved me from going crazy, as of writing this my tinnitus is going down. Thanks @mgbigair and @Flyingsheep.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mgbigair

mgbigair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Glad I gave some ease. I wish I had answers to what this is. I'm going for a full hearing test in a few weeks at an audiologist.

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Anyone know the reason for longer lasting fleeting tinnitus? I’ve had 2 episodes in the last 3 days. Second one still ongoing as I write, it’s been almost an hour and no sign of improvement.