Flumazenil

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by 1MW, Feb 9, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      How is the effect of the Flumazenil, is it still there
      and do you get the Flumazenil Injection as an IV?

3. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      flumazenil is only iv by injection no pills.

My plan with flumazenil is to restore GABAa receptors fucked up by benzos.
      I will do detolerrance & unaddiction to benzo with low doses flumazenil every day in the opposite mechanism do the tolerrance & addiction benzos.
      I want to stop my T witch is withdraw symptom from benzos.

4. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Juan Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Wow so this reduction of T is discovered by you just by chance, do you know anybody else who also tried this?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you have any hearing loss or did you regain your hearing back since the first T you got

6. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      6 hours after injection T came back in mild form.
      I slept with 2mg melatonin and wake up now with no T (checked with the ear covered by pillow in ultra silent room & ear muffs)!!!
      Iam not taking other medications. (i have stopped RTG/corticosteroids etc)

To be clear and sometimes before i had these moments of silence so i can't say that is from flumazenil/benzo.

• Informative Informative x 2
    7. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Trial this is gonna be more difficult than RTG as its only in injected form

8. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      I will put a peripheral venous catheter and i will inject 100μG when iam in good condition and can tolerate a slight benzo cold turkey.Flumazenil has very short half life for this reason must injected periodically.
      Its the only benzo antagonist in the market today.
      Brain to compensate external flumazenil will start to unlock GABAa receptors and create new.
      The opposite mechanism that benzos cause tolerance & addiction.
      With restored GABAa receptors i believe that i will get more good sleep less T & H.

9. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I hope so, do you think this can make effect to so many people as rtg is doing, i mean rtg seems to help like more than 80% of testers
      or its only related to your concrete cause (benzo withrawal)
      how often do you have to inject?

10. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      no iam not saying that my T is from benzo withdrawal.
      My T is from sudden hearing loss and i think that is treated in a huge degree and the very HF i have is from benzos. Anyway the experiment may fail as other experiments i don't know the end.

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Worth noting that flumazinil can also be taken sublingually, but it's not available in that form in the US. I have a friend who got a bunch of it, and I'm going to experiment with trying it that way at some point.

My tinnitus is also, at least partially, a long-term symptom of benzo discontinuation. If you do not have a history of benzo dependence, I'd be a little surprized if flumaz was effective.

12. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      You must be careful if you have benzo addiction because with flumazenil you remove acute benzos
      from your body so if you have high benzo dependence this can give you benzos cold turkey symptoms.
      Also read the manual how to inject it because it has very quick half time it needs low dose and more ofter the best is to put a peripheral venous catheter and have some diazepam in iv form if something goes wrong with too high dose flumazenil.
      Sometimes flumazenil can resolve protracted withdrawal symptoms from benzos by "reseting"
      GABAa receptors.
      * Iam still T free (in reality fluctuating from 0 to 1) i hope this result lasts more time.

from benzo.org.uk

13. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    14. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      flumazenil can not make T to non benzo users.
      T is from acute benzo withdrawal that make the flumazenil.
      For these reason you must hear your T if with 100μG Τ increases don't get more.
      Flumazenil works good when you are off from benzos long time and have protracted symptoms
      these symptoms can relieve flumazenil by "reseting" receptors.
      I have a plan to withdraw quickly from benzos with flumazenil but with no risk
      so if when iam taking flumazenil i feel T increases i will get some benzo to compensate.
      But when iam good with no T i will get flumazenil to make un-addiction & de-tolerance.
      Its tricky therapy and not for everyone but works from these i have read from aston benzo manual.

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:

16. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @1MW how is going with the flumazenil

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    17. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      i had a problem to obtain flumazenil so i have only 1 vial 5ml.
      Test will be continued when i get more vials flumazenil and iv midazolam (low half time benzo iv) to compensate flumazenil if i feel increase in T or other side effects.

18. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @1MW do you recommend someone to take benzos for T,
      I had a full audiologist test up to 16Khz (no drop greater than 10db), ABR, TEOAE, DPOAE, CT scan, MRI and EEG and all were fine, at the end I was prescribed Xanax and was told to take it for 10 days,
      hence with your experience on different types of benzos and T would you recommend some one to take them? or would you suggest some one to try something like flumazenil and iv midazolam?

19. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      Iam sugesting to not try benzos because your problem will be worse.
      You doctor told you to try 10 days no more!!!
      It is known that benzos the first 10 days have effect on T but after that
      you develop tolerance & addiction and your T will become worse also you will develop hyperacusis.
      My opinion is to not try benzos.

From all benzos i have taken lorazepam has the better effect to T but causes strong dependence & tolerance

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      haha, yeah... Klonopin "fixed" my tinnitus, but gave me a bunch of problems that make my tinnitus seem like a walk in the park...

21. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      2nd experiment with iv flumazenil
      results:
      I had very bad HF tinnitus pressure in ear i injected 2.5ml
      and not notice any improvement i think maybe a bit worsening but iam not sure.
      Also i got 3mg lorazepam after 1.5-2 hours i had some improvement but nothing more.
      I sleep with T and today after wake up i have no T.
      I don't know how it will last.
      That i can say for sure is that flumazenil is not treatment for T it detoxifies you from benzos but do not cure T.

• Informative Informative x 2
    22. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      20 hours passed since 2.5ml iv flumazenil and lorazepam 3mg and i have no T.
      The previous time the improvement lasted 3 days then bad worsening i will see now how it will last.
      I have 2.5ml from the previous vial and i will inject probably in some hours.

• Like Like x 2
    23. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      When you say no T also when you
      Plug your ears?

24. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      I've been experimenting a little bit with sublingual dosing of flumazinel, no effect on my T so far.

25. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      Yes sometimes with ears closed other times silent in very silent room.
      I must clarify that flumazenil does not treat T.
      I think flumazenil cleared my GABAa receptors and benzos worked again.
      I got flumazenil + lorazepam not only flumazenil.
      Iam not suggesting to anyone to make these experiments.
      I made this test to see how much of my T is related to benzos.
      Now i strongly believe that very HF T is benzos related.

By the way 3rd day witch iam good i have today a very mild T but far away from suicide HF T & H /pressure/pain/ i had before.
      Yesterday at night hours i got T again but not HF also smoked about 10 cigarettes and they not induced to me bad T
      like happened before.

26. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The problem I have is having a HF T that I can hear everywere except in the shower approximately 14khz to 16khz

I have no hearing loss only upto 15db in 14 to 16khz which my audiologist says is because my T is at that frequency.

I saw multiple ENTs neurologist, did all related ear tests ABR, oae in addition to Ct scan MRI and eeg and all of them prescribed me benzos but different ones

One told me to take klonopin
      One told me to take xanax and neurontin
      One told me to take valium
      One told me to take ssri cipralex and quetiapine

Hence I'm not sure what benzo to take or if I should take them
      From your experience with benzos what would you suggest, the issue I have with T is not loudness by disturbance from the high frequency

27. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      Yes HF T tinnitus is not so loud but your hear it at any place and every time.Is not maskable.
      From all benzos tested lorazepam gived a relief but BE CAREFUL if you get benzos
      you will have a temporal improvement and then a bad worsening so i suggest to you
      not take benzos.Because your hearing is good i suggest sleep(>9 hours night sleep) therapy or RTG.
      Don't start benzos.

28. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      the >9 hours night sleep, would it work on long term ive have T for 3 n half months now?
      isn't the side effects of RTG worse than benzo?
      and is the issue with benzos that they are ototixic which increases T in long term? since apparently Xanax is not ototoxic

29. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl
      yes benzos are ototoxic.
      Sleep works on T most times and in chronic T.

30. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      I've tried 2 and 4mg of sublingual flumazinel; it is oddly calming but does not have any impact on my T I don't think

• Useful Useful x 1