For Those in Your First Days/Months of Tinnitus, Please Read This.

Discussion in 'Support' started by grotulon, Mar 21, 2017.

1. grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This forum has a lot of people who have had Tinnitus for MANY years, decades even, and most of them are the 1 percent where it is unbearable, yes tinnitus is a very big issue and 1 percent of those who have it, have it extremely bad.

You will read about that here, you will read posts about suicide, posts about how theirs got worse, how it's unlivable. You are in your very first months and days of it, I've had it for 50 days now, and it's almost gone for me, it took the last two weeks for it to slowly go down, and even so during that time I was able to mostly ignore it.

You have to understand that for a lot of you the early stages are the worse, reading all this doom and gloom will do nothing but stress you out, like I did. I read every article I could find, and was beginning to become very depressed.

However I will put my own advice out there... If an ENT wants to do any wax removal, or a GP please do not get syringing, it is very dangerous, and as much as people say microsuctioning is safe, I'd HIGHLY recommend not doing that either, I had ONLY 3 seconds of microsuctioning, and my ear was echoing for two weeks.

This place has a lot of helpful people, and a lot of good advice. But remember it also has a lot of people in that 1 percent to where it is very bad, and even then, most of them habituate if yours is there to stay.

My best advice is, in the beginning stages of tinnitus, protect your ears, stop using ear buds, don't go to loud concerts do what has to be done, but just remember this is a very challenging thing to overcome and diagnose but it is possible.

Just be very careful with your hearing from here on out. and if you are afraid of it getting worse, the chances of that in studies are around 8 percent, and most of the time it is because of continuing bad habits that lead to it in the first place, but sometimes it's just random. Keep your ears safe..

Some decibel charts.

http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/comparative-noise-examples.htm

decibel_exposure_chart.gif

thermometer_decibel_chart.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Any wax removal procedure for most people is safe as long as you have used olive oil drops in your ear 7-10 days prior to wax removal to soften any crusted wax.

The forum will support you around the clock with great advice by trusted members.
      We can support you emotionally and with guidance to follow where to go for help .....

We can give you advice on how to cope with tinnitus and advice on where to get help.

We can advise you on sound therapy masking tinnitus and share our tinnitus journey with you .

We can tell you what can cause tinnitus and spike tinnitus .

We can support you and give some advice on basic medacations but we are not a replacement for medical treatment and should always get professional medical advice from your doctor etc.

The forum will have some newcomers in despair and feel suicidal with hart wrenching posts that might seem upsetting or give the fear of doom and gloom but remember they are really struggling and might be young or live alone and post a cry for help .

Most people over time do adapt to tinnitus and each person will take time as everyones tinnitus journey is different in sound,strength,one ear or both or in their head.
      Some through hearing loss, ear conditions,operations, stress,anxiety,depression,loud sound,medications, virus and more.

We give our free time to help support you and what ever you post you should get a supportive reply...

Don't dwell on the posts that might feel upsetting to you as they are here like yourself for support and they will be given support by long standing trusted members in a calm reasuring manner and advice on where to go for help or safe place if suicidal.

.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @grotulon With all due respect, you're not telling people the reason why you had problems after having microsuction? As I remember, you did not use olive oil eardrops 3x a day for 7 to 10 days prior to having microsuction. This procedure is the safest way to remove earwax. Ear irrigation is also safe providing olive oil is used 3x a day for 7-10 days before the procedure. I have had microscution 3 times and ear irrigation the same and have had no problems.

Most of the time when people have problems with microsuction or ear irrigation they haven't used olive oil in the manner I've mentioned before having earwax removed.
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah thats true, My ENT had a full office at 3 PM, around 20 people and the lady said everyone would be done by 4:30, as you can imagine, doing permanent damage to my ears was well worth it to him if it made him some cash.

I'd edit my post but I can't seem to be able to.

Though I did hear that, microsuction even with olive oil could be the straw that breaks the camels back

5. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @grotulon It is good to give people advice. However, your post on microscution could scare them into thinking their tinnitus will become worse having this procedure or ear irrigation which is not the case. Providing olive oil is used 3x a day for 7-10 days before the procedure a person won't usually have problems.
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grotulon
      Breezy

grotulon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/5/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah I can't seem to edit it, hopefully they read down. I am new to tinnitus so as well, so forgive me.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @grotulon as punishment for giving out the wrong information. I want you to write out 1000 times: I must use olive oil 3x a day for 7-10 days before having microscution or ear irrigation.:D
      Just kidding

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      Thank you for the original post here. I needed it today.

9. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Pure excellence

• Like Like x 1
    10. Parfait

Parfait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      microsuction and syringing can both undoubtedly aggravate or cause tinnitus so he is right to post his story as a warning for others though I agree this is likely to be a rarer side effect and must people getting it done should be ok

• Like Like x 1