Forever Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Christina H., Jul 28, 2016.

1. Christina H.

Christina H. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1960s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Continual ear infections as a child
      I am 51 years old, and I've had tinnitus, and equilibrium issues, ever since I can remember. I became fairly acclimated to the continual, high pitched/hiss. I was only aware of it at certain times. Generally, I only heard it when it was really quiet.
      In the last few years, I've had periods of screaming tinnitus. This usually lasted for a few days. But, in the last few weeks, I have been experiencing an additional, and continual, alternating high- low tone. I'm guessing that since its new, I'm aware of it at all times, except for sleep. I'm getting really frustrated.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum, @Christina H. Sorry about the latest spike in your T. Do you know what could have caused your T to spike?

There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus, and these may include drug reaction or side-effects of ototoxic drugs, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc. Perhaps you can find a possible cause so you can direct your effort of finding a solution. Try to stay calm and positive that your spiking T will settle to baseline again. Anxiety and stress are bad for T. Have you begun to mask your spiked up T yet? This may help to stabilize your mood before you find the final solution. Take good care. God bless.

3. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I've had tinnitus for 2 years now. I had my first ever spike last week which lasted about 5 days. Now it's gone back to its normal level. Bloody loud. But at least it's gone back to my normal tinnitu's I've almost habituated too.
      My point is, a spike can come out of nowhere and then go again. I'm sure yours will too. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Hi @Christina H and welcome!
      Do you have hearing loss that you are aware of?

5. Emz96
      Angry

Emz96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      listening to loud msuic on bus it finally caught up with me
      Please help I am terrified and can't go to sleep all of a sudden the ringing in my ears got louder and it hasn't gone away I am. Super scared and FRUSTRATED. I cried because it's so frustrating

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Emz96 ,
      It looks like this is your first post on the forum, so welcome! You may want to tell us your story in the Introduce Yourself section. Someone here might be able to offer help for your situation, or at least offer understanding. Like you, many of us have been terrified because of tinnitus.