Freaked Out By My Symptoms!

Discussion in 'Support' started by bill 112, Apr 2, 2016.

1. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Can anyone please shed light onto these worrying symptoms I'm having as my doctor doesn't seem to be very knowledgable as to what is going on!
      I have reactive T and H,when I'm around sound I don't really get the hot ear or stabbing pain everyone speaks of and I no longer have TTTS.What I get is far more frightening,when I'm around sound at all my ears hiss up and with it comes this stinging sensation that starts in the back of my head and eventually spreads over my skull all over my face down my spine and through my body.My skin becomes very sensitive and weird to touch,I get hot patches on my body with little needle like stings with it?I can even make my ears ring up by moving my fingers!What is going on with me :(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like anxiety your experiencing when around sounds.
      It can start slowly or even brain zaps and spreads from your head downwards.
      I'm not a doctor so it's best to get seen by your doctor .....lots of love glynis
      ANXIETY SYMPTOMS
      • Numbness and tingling
      • Dizziness
      • Chest pain
      • Headaches
      • Neck tension
      • Stomach upset, nervous stomach
      • Pulsing in the ear
      • Burning skin
      • Fear of impending doom
      • Nausea
      • Shortness of breath
      • Electric shock feeling
      • Shooting pains in the face
      • Heart palpitations
      • Weakness in legs
      • Feeling like you are going crazy
      • Inability to rest
      • Sleep problematical

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I would love to think it's that Glynis but I'm not so sure:(This is done automatically without any input by myself.I was on Valium 4mg at night for sleep for about 3 months when my doctor stopped them in February so that dependence wouldn't become a problem,could that be causing this?Some sort of withdrawels maybe?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Not withdrawals but could be underlying anxiety now not on medication.
      Have a chat with your doctor if the symptoms get to problamatic...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    5. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I think the lack of a calming medication won't be helping. You may not have been dependant but your body will have liked it.
      As for anxiety coming out of nowhere it can, because despite your best efforts fight or flight is clever and just the mere fact you are aware you are in noise can be enough for a T sufferer to struggle.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I had this experience a few times myself, but didn'T figure out the cause of that. It was so bad I wanted to call the ambulance, besides needles down my spine I was almost paralyzed, and when I was moving, the move triggered louder and louder T. I felt like I was being electrocuted.
      I think it was a seizure of a larger size, T is like a partial seizure, and the portion happened to be larger. It went away. Happens to me from time to time. Indeed scary to the maximum.
      Positive thinking, heat and Clonazepam helped me to snap out of that hell.
      I have episodes like that from time to time, i think it's a matter of more severe neurotransmitters imbalance.
      Take heart, go to a neurologist and a psychiatrist and explain the symptoms.
      When that happened to me I didn't call the ambulance, because I was afraid that describing my symptoms I will be considered crazy. Your symptoms, exactly like mine, give me a little courage, seeing that I am not the only one.
      Maybe learning that this happens to me from time to time will make you to be frightened less.
      Being frightened makes the problem worse, cause fear increases the chemistry problem of your nervous system.
      Glynis is right, it may be due to increased anxiety, although you may not be aware/conscious that you are anxious, it may happen on deeper levels.
      Something is disturbing your nervous system on subconscious levels, maybe your fear from your tinnitus/sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I wish it was that simple I really do but I genuinely don't relate this to anxiety,it's something more than that,it's out of my control.At the moment Im completely calm and have been all day but yet after every noise even noises I don't notice comes this horrible pain that runs through my ears and down my spine through my body.A burning stinging nerve pain throughout my body.I went for a walk today in the wind completely calm thinking about other things and not my T and H,but yet at all times was this burning sensation throughout my body,no matter what I do it's there and the only way to calm it somewhat is by sitting in silence.My doctor diagnosed it as neurological pain :(