Freaking Out, School Starts Tomorrow, Glass Bottle Fell and Made a Really Loud Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apocalypse77, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      Freaking out.

School starts tomorrow and I got a spike now.

I was lying on a sofa and hit a glass bottle that was on a table with my foot. It fell (on the table) and made a really loud noise but it didn't break.

2 mins later when I was pissed from the loud noise I made I kicked a metal chair and it fell to the floor 2 meters away from me.

I had my fingers in my ears but it still sounded pretty loud. I should do some school work because school starts tomorrow but I am freaking out.

Did I damage my hearing or is anxiety reason for this crappy spike. Fuuuu...

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Apocalypse77 ,
      Let your head of year know you have tinnitus and need support regarding homework and studying as concentration is a problem and having sound around you from each direction in class and they will put in place help they can give you...
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You should get your emotions in control buddy :) . Anger, raw emotions can lead to worst tinnitus and spikes. We love supporting you here and I hope you feel better......

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You probably didn't damage your hearing, however, you had likely postponed your recovery by a couple of weeks or months...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      @i am pretty sure you will be fine . Just temporary spike I bet .

6. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      Agree with ya, apocalypse77, I'm sure no damage was done. As Sean said, just a temporary spike.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well I woke up with a small spike. Holy ... the first day was a loud one. We went to the school's canteen where we welcomed our new students. People were shouting and I plugged my ears when ever I could. For example I could not plug my ears when we had to stand up. Two times when my friend was talking to a person who was sitting next to me was so near my ear that my ear hurt.
      I was happy going back to school but now this happened. I definitely damaged my hearing because this event on the canteen lasted for an hour ~ 56 minutes. I am scared of going back to school tomorrow. What if my friend shouts near my ear again :(.
      Ps. I got my T on 6.8.2016 so I have had it for a year. (Yeah, I know it is wrong in my profile I should change it)

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damn I did not almost notice my T 3 days straight and now I think I am at that same stage I was in when I got T. I am so depressed, nnn :(((

It's not fair that everyone in that canteen can shout and clap as loud as they can and not get any damage to their ears wtf. I know i ruined my life but it is so sad that I make these mistakes all the time. I keep ruining my life. How the ... should i enjoy life when I can't even freaking tall to people without getting scared that my T will get worse. I won't become anything. I should not be here. IFHML

9. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Do you have musician earplugs? Maybe wear those when you're in the school canteen.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Tinker Bell No need for them, this only happens after the summer break. I usually have earplugs on school but I did not think there would be any loud noises because it was the first day :(. Do you think that I will get a hearing loss. I have for sure damaged my hearing. My T is killing me ;(

11. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably tension in the jaw, neck and shoulders
      Do you have H? And do you get help for your T? Because I find you really, really anxious. You need to be careful, that is true, and someone shouting in your ear isn't good for your hearing and may or may not cause damages/spikes, but thinking all day long: ''Did I damaged my hearing?' must be pretty exhausting, maybe more exhausting than the T itself.

If you have H, it is an other story.

I really recognize the way you think, I have been there, but nowdays I don't really care anymore about my T (but I found out that if I am more on this forum, I get more anxious and conscious about my T...). However, the difference between you and me is that I didn't had a lot of spikes, just sometimes and most of the times I think anxiety played a part.

But then again: I don't know your hearing, maybe you have so sensible hearing that you can damaged it very easily, I don't know. But I think you need to get help for your anxiety with T (unless you think anxiety doesn't play a part in your spikes).

Good luck, I hope that someday you can just relax more, you will see that life will be so much more fun! :)

• Like Like x 1
    12. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I always carry earplugs with me just in case. You may want to do the same.

No, you did not cause more hearing loss. I have severe hearing loss. I've had it checked repeatedly over the last six months, meanwhile I've been exposed to lots of loud noises. Absolutely no change to my hearing. None at all.

I don't believe that noise made your tinnitus worse, but your anxiety surely did. Talk to your doctor about your anxiety.

• Like Like x 2
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Tinker Bell Well I hope you are right. This spike is definitely not the worst that I have had but still is annoying as hell. I have been just sitting in my bed reading a Harry Potter book because if I do anything else I will notice my T and become more depressed. I really really really hope this will go away :(

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MiaX I did not see your answer, sorry for the late reply! :) I am 99% sure I have H. Sometimes the clock ticking seems too loud and I plug my ears when my brother talks to me because his voice sounds too loud.:cautious:

And did I get this right, you dont get any spikes nowadays.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Woke up with the spike. Hope it will go away.

• Hug Hug x 2
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is much worse today. I hate that friend I am sure this spike is from that thing when he shouted near my ear. I won't talk to him ever again

17. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow, I see that I never answered this! I am sorry, I didn't see any alert, so I didn't know you replied.

However, I don't get a lot of spikes and even if I do, it doesn't bother me that much. My T is probably not noise related and I am a lot more relaxed about my T now.

I am sorry for your H! Do you think stress plays a part with your T&H?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MiaX
      My T is noise related and my T spikes at least twice a week.

I am not sure, but I have been stressed since I got T so I don't know does stress make it worse.

19. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is possible that stress makes it worse. Protect your ears, but try to relax more. Is there anyway you can get help for you H?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am trying to protect my ears as good as I can. Funny, that I got my last spike that has lasted now one day from protecting my ears. For example in school I don't go to the canteen and during breaks I go to a quiet classroom, the only sad thing is that I can't be with my friends, one of my friends is actually pretty mad at me because I can't eat with him, but he understands my problem (he suffers from T too.)

And good news is that I am going to get help for my H. I saw a doctor yesterday and he got a time on ear doctor I will see in couple of weeks, how we will cure my H.

21. MiaX
      Fine

MiaX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I find it stupid he is mad, especially because he has T too.

I hope you will work on your earproblems and your fears! :) It will be alright!!

• Like Like x 1