From Normal Tinnitus to Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sweet Misery, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Sweet Misery

Sweet Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I'm new to this forum. But not new to tinnitus. I've had tinnitus since near the end of 2015. Mostly in my right ear it was a high pitched ringing with a high pitched static like sound from the left. It sure took me a while to get used to in the beginning. But I didn't had struggle sleeping or anything. I'd say my quality of life was just the same. Sadly that now changed with pulsatile tinnitus. It's currently 5 am on a sleepless night and I'm feeling very anxious.

I think this started like 2 weeks ago. I started noticing something I can best describe as vibration. Usually at night. After a few nights this would be combined with hearing my pulse. And I guess now after some research the thing called the whoosh. It just sounds like air going through my ear on the rhythm of my pulse. This would happen a few nights. Every time I'd wake up the next day fine. Only having my normal tinnitus. Then 2 days ago I instead woke up with this vibrating and whooshing. Which made me already anxious but now day 3 is here and I fear the worst. That this pulsatile tinnitus is here to stay. This phenomenon is so much more loud and annoying than my original tinnitus was. It also reacts horribly to my movements. I only have to move a toe and it gets so much louder. How did you guys deal with that at first?

I'm really puzzled as to how this happened. All I know is that the past months I've been spent under quite some stress due to health anxiety issues. Could this have triggered this? Other than that I have hay fever which this year hasn't given me much struggle yet. I will be going to the doctor and see what they can do but I'll have to embrace for the worst.

2. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hey

I am in a similar situation at the moment. How are you doing now? Did you manage to find a cause or treatment?

thanks x

3. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
    4. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      I had both general tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus. My general tinnitus is still here, but my pulsatile tinnitus was cured. More importantly, it was a symptom of a life threatening issue that needed to be repaired. I would caution you to have it evaluated and not ignore it, or lump it together with tinnitus. An interventional radiologist is appropriate, not an ENT.