From One Thing to Another? Or Just the Next Stage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Will89, May 10, 2018.

1. Will89

Will89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I've recently had some issues with fluid in the ears - underwater feeling, humming noises.... etc. As well as sore feeling in the ear.
      I've been to the doctors who has given me an ear spray.

It's been more or less three weeks now, the right ear has cleared... but my left ear feels blocked and dull (underwater sound has cleared) and have developed a hissing tinnitus.

I also appear to have some very slight hearing loss.

I'm about to revisit the doctor tomorrow, but would also like to post on here.

Is this just a progression from eustachian tube problems, or is this something new entirely?

Thanks all!

2. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      ETD problems are notoriously difficult to solve. I've dealt with them on and off for many years. My tinnitus is of a more recent date. If nasal sprays and corticosteroids haven't helped, then it may be due to a whole different underlying cause than inflammation. I've read about links with muscle tension in the jaw and neck regions, but taking care of those is always gonna be a shot in the dark I think.

Are you able to unblock your left ear in any way? If all you experience is crackling or popping sounds when swallowing or yawning, then I'm not sure what the next step is (I've had this myself for 3-4 years). Otherwise an Ear Popper of some sort may be of help, in addition to inhaling steam (with some Eucalyptus and Menthol blend perhaps).

You can also, for more information on treating ETD, check out this thread: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/here-is-how-i-solved-my-tinnitus-—-new-protocols-and-supplements-to-try.6514/. I think it contains some great ideas. Stuff your ENT could never come up with.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Will89

Will89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Thanks for reply, I too have had on/off ETD trouble.

I am sometimes able to make my left ear pop, but no often - I've been back to the Doctors yesterday and was prescribed a steroid nasal spray.

So I shall be using that as I was told to, she said for about 4 weeks?

Then of no improvement, re-visit and I will be referred to an ENT.

VERY rarely, my left ear feels wet - which going by my right ear clearing by that way, can only be a good thing.

I will be reading up on that thread link posted. However sometimes it gets me a bit down if I start over-thinking it!