Fullness in Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by tmb, May 16, 2018.

1. tmb

tmb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      early 1980s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concerts
      Hi, All,

A little BG,

I've had tinnitus since the early 1980s. I've had a few episodes over the last 10yrs that have made it worse, all noise related. Needless to say, I'm very concerned about my hearing and ears when it comes to loud environments.

About 4 weeks ago, I started to get Strep Throat, went to the walk in clinic and was prescribed antibiotics for it, started to feel better, but mid week started to feel a sore throat and my ears were feeling plugged. I also got Pink Eye.

I went back to the clinic and was prescribed eye drops for my eye, one drop in each eye 3 times a day. About 5 days later I went to see my regular doctor who told me that the eye drops the clinic prescribed can damage my hearing and to stop taking it.

I've now had this plugged ear sensation for 3 weeks, I tried another antibiotic and steroid nasal spray to un block it, no luck.

Went to an ENT, he said my hearing was good, but one ear has a bit of hearing loss and that my ears are good. But I still have the plugged sensation, was too it will either go away or not.

I just read the antibiotic that was in the eye drop and it was Trobramycin and Sondoz. I looked it up and one side effect is fullness in the ear.

It also causes tinnitus, which I already have, so I don't know if it made it worse, since it's so bad already.

Has anyone had this experience with the eye drops Trobramycin? And did the plugged feeling eventually go away?

Thx.

2. ridgew

ridgew Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2004->2012->2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You can mask fullness if you'd wear large monitor type headphones. You can use plugs as well but even very quiet tinnitus becomes hard to bear then.

Can't talk anything about cause of your fullness. Mine is from noise. If it was there prior to using of eyedrops then how could they possibly cause it?