Fun Times with Pulsatile Tinnitus — Bupropion XL, TMJ/Jaw Issues, Reoccurring Sinus Infections

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dandy, Oct 9, 2019.

1. dandy
      Scared

dandy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello!

I spontaneously developed pulsatile tinnitus sometime earlier this year. I'm not sure what caused it, but I was on Bupropion XL at the time and I have terrible TMJ/jaw issues (specifically on the right side where I have the pulsing/whooshing noises). Additionally, I have a history of reoccurring sinus infections, so I'm wondering if any of these could potentially be related.

However, I do think it's highly likely that my pulsatile tinnitus could be vascular in nature, which is what I'm most concerned about. I'm seeing a new doctor in December (who's closer and should be able to better address my needs), but for now I'm in limbo. My old clinic was able to get me in today to discuss my tinnitus, so hopefully I get some answers. I also started recently wearing a bite guard made for me by my dentist, but thus far I haven't noticed a reduction in the pulsing.

The sound itself sounds like roaring, fast-moving water that settles into a steady pulse. It's usually positional in nature and can be manipulated by me moving my head/neck. Sometimes I do have quick fluttering that doesn't seem to match my pulse and can't be changed by moving my head/neck, but it does seem to be exacerbated by overextending my neck to one side. Very strange.

Anyway, hopefully I get some answers soon and can share what I learn about my condition with the forum. (y)

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Warm welcome to the forum. There may be limited readership in the Introduction. For your pulsatile tinnitus you may want to post in the pulsatile support forum to get more responses. Take care. God bless.

3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing and now somatic T dental work
      Often this would point to the internal jugular vein, or possible other neck and artery vein - thyroid. With TMJ and sinus involvement as well - cause may be do neck problems from a history of bad posture - hyperextending of neck history - then an actual injury to neck.