Funeral and Sound Levels Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by jerryjerry, Oct 6, 2016.

1. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Anyone who knows about music levels in funerals? Its been a very long time ago I went to one. The only thing I know is that it will not be any live performance. Should I wear earplugs or not?

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Take a good pair of ear muffs wiht you and keep those at hand ready to put on in case

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sigh, the last funeral I went to (about 3 weeks ago) was miserable. During the quiet parts I couldn't concentrate because of how loud my tinnitus seemed, then while the preacher was speaking and the music played afterwords it was uncomfortable, but I didn't want to be rude and put earplugs in.

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Rude?

If you have noise induced damage you are forever relieved from the duty of having to take into account what others think of you when you protect your ears.

Ears comes first - what goes on inside other people's head isn't a top priority .

As for earmuffs I strongly recommend the peltor x5a - excellent design and very comfortable for the best noise reduction ratio available on the market.

The color is black/dark grey and I paint the white line with a black marker so those would look fine at a funeral if anything ..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      This is no church so ther will not be any organ. I thought funerals were quite low in soundlevels

6. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      I attended a humanist funeral about 2 weeks ago and it was actually quiet throughout. I hope the one you attend is similar.