Gas Fireplace Spikes My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by nett77, Apr 9, 2016.

1. nett77

nett77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My tinnitus becomes worse when I am using the gas fireplace. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this or have an explanation?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nett77

nett77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      there is definitely hissing, but I don't think that it is high pitched. Actually, I just got the gas fireplace a few months ago and after I would turn it off I would hear what I thought sounded like a gas leak in the house...this was before I realized that I had T (my T started 3 weeks ago). Now that I hear the T consistently I realize that the noise I heard once the fireplace was turned off was the T and not a sound in my house. I wonder if the gas fireplace caused the T.

4. kylekyle

kylekyle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I also suspect that my gas fireplace caused my T. Ive had T for 4 weeks and first used the gas fireplace in my new house the same day I got T.

Today my T has been low all day and I turned on the fireplace and a few minutes later noticed that my T was very loud.

I've had a hearing test and it showed I have some hearing loss above 4000 hz. Could the fireplace be giving off a sound that triggered my T and makes it worse?