Geiger Counter Clicking Sound in One Ear

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Theguvna, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Theguvna

Theguvna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know
      Similar to Michael X I too started having the Geiger clicking sound in one ear. Not very loud and not constant but seems to be getting worse. Started about a month ago and initially thought there was a bug in my ear. using a flush for ear wax removal multiple times didn't help. Will now seek local medical diagnosis.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Theguvna

Many things can cause the onset of tinnitus but the most common is exposure to loud noise. Typically, it is headphones use or going to places where loud music is played: Clubs, concerts etc. If you are a regular user of headphones or headset. Listen to loud music at home, in the car or frequent clubs, concerts. Work in a very noisy environment then the tinnitus could be noise induced.

If yes to any of the above then I advise you not to listen to audio through headphones even at low volume. Click on the links below and read my posts.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new-to-tinnitus-what-to-do.12558/
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Theguvna

Theguvna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know
      I really am not exposed to loud sounds anywhere. Must be another origin. Thanks.

4. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Do you use headphones regularly?

5. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Theguvna
      From what you describe it doesn't sound like tinnitus since it's not tones/hiss and it's also not constant. In my (uneducated) opinion, what you're describing sounds like typewriter tinnitus or pulsatile tinnitus (which actually isn't tinnitus at all and has nothing to do with tinnitus but is rather vascular conditions). Another possibility is TTTS (tonic tensor tympani syndrome).

• Funny Funny x 1