Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jamie m, Mar 18, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I started ringing in my left ear Sunday, went to a clinic and felt the doctor told
      Me my left ear was dull. Gave me medicine said if it doesn't clear up in 10-14 days then go see ENT. Talked to my family, they all say it will be cleared up in a week. Losing faith and
      Sleep. Went to the ER today and he said he didn't see any infection so it must be bc of my music, sometimes I would put my phone next to ear while playing music. How stupid. I'm so scared and I feel like I'm going to have this forever and I'm only 28.

2. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      Hoping this will help you. Heating my ears and neck with a heating pad lowers the volume of the ringing very much. You might check information on infrared heat for this problem. I have a infrared heat wand by Infra-Tech. I use that on each ear for great relief plus the heating pad too. Nothing else has helped. I read that heat helps on this site and thank you. Heat does help. Sandy B

3. Coregame3
      Arsey

Coregame3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOUD NOISES
      It'll probably go away. You have 6 months until it's chronic.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      My family is staying be positive! But it's so hard to not think about stuff when my head is going crazy! I'm just scared that I messed up my ear for good

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Your family is on the right side of the T equation. Being positive will help reduce the anxiety and stress level which are toxic to T. So while the T bully tries to scare you and mess you up mentally to keep up its tyranny on your life, you need to do the opposite. It is easier said than done. But at least when you are on the right side of the equation, that is keeping positive and calm, your body will have a better and faster chance to recover. Many members do recover to write their success stories including myself. So don't rule out you can be one too. Don't try to project the future at your worst suffering. It is called 'Catastrophic Thinking', a cognitive distortion in CBT, and it contributes to untold mental suffering by believing in that distorted thought. A few years back I suffered hell of a suffering myself for believing that my future living with T must be doomed. But today I live a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. So much for my doomed future. You can read up my story if you have time. It contains some nice points and strategies which have helped me turn around my suffering. Take good care & God bless.

http://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Last night it was almost completely gone, wake up and it's back!! Is that a good sign or just normal?

7. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert

Mine has never stopped for a second. I say a good sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Your T is so new and you already have time T completely gone. That is definitely a good sign. Take all the positive you can get and don't help the T bully by fueling it with negativity. That would build more stress and anxiety and T like that stuff. So ya, try the best you can to stay positive and let mother time help your body to heal. Read up the success stories and see if you can apply some insights from the posters to help speed up the recovery. Take care & God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Again last night I couldn't hear that much. Just for a couple mins maybe 20. Then sometimes I couldn't hear any bring until I thought about it then it would ring. In the morning sitting down I couldn't hear it but I was too afraid to touch my ear to see if it was in my head! Either way, I'm trying to have hope

• Creative Creative x 1
    10. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      went to ENT, didn't help that I was crying the whole time! He asked me a series of questions, he ask me if I ever got complaints of my clenching my teeth at night and grinding because of stress, I told Him my dentist told me that last year, he said it's probably due to stress you go this, went to audiologist Perfect hearing, 9 days since the onset of T, do you think this will ever go away? I'm just at my wits end right now, haven't worked since. Scared :(

11. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Most tinnitus cases resolves on it's own.

I hope the luck is on your side.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Hi @Jamie m
      Could you clarify something - on Sunday you said it was gone for periods of time. How has it been since Sunday?

13. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Yeah it hasn't go since then, I was taking Advil Pm and I have no idea if that was reason, it's been ringing ever since, a low ring but still. Sunday was very high pitched. My ear is burning so bad, does that mean something else??

14. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Ps, I am tech savy but how do you tag someone?

15. Just type @username. As you get part way through it will bring up a list of usernames that match.

Depending on why you were taking Advil, you might want to try Tylenol.

What did the ENT say about the burning feeling?

16. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @Aaron123 he didn't have any things to say for it? I mean it's like on fire!

17. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      It sounds like you might be due one more trip to the doctor - maybe a different ENT? I'm not a doctor, but burning seems like perhaps an ear infection? That said, if your dentist has said you grind your teeth maybe go back to them as well and see if it might be related to your jaw alignment/clenching/grinding.

Just ideas, but please know that in any case you will be okay <3

18. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I have another appointment tomorrow, when I went last Monday to a clinic, he said my left ear is dull, and gave me antibiotics, do you think it would have cleared up by the time the ENT Doctor look at it because he said no infection ears look fine? I was taking the medicine for 9 days. @awbw8 ? The audiologist said my ear looked dull

19. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @awbw8 he said I did grind my teeth and clench at night because of stress, I got a temporary mouth guard

• Informative Informative x 1
    20. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @ceauses97 thank you! I hope so! I haven't worked in two weeks because of it ;(

21. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      What was the antibiotic you were given?
      Also, you mentioned getting an audiogram. Did it include the very high frequencies (above 8Khz)?

22. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I am on amoxicillin and ofloxacin. Plus Valium to sleep at night @undecided

23. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Amoxicillin is considered a safe drug, as far as ototoxicity is concerned.
      Oflaxacin, I don't really know. From this, I would assume that it is a bit nasty. But the Valium could act as a neuroprotective agent against any fluoride toxic effects in the Ofloxacin, as it is (very roughly speaking) a glutamate antagonist.
      In any case, I've read quite a lot anecdotal reports of people getting aggravated tinnitus from ear drops so be careful.

24. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @undecided I'll just stick with the amoxicillin!! Thanks I just want this to leave, I'm so scared I will have this forever :( luckily I have mild where I can only hear it when I'm alone and no one is talking!

25. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      I'm not a doctor so I really can't say, but if your ear still hurts a week after you saw him I'd definitely go back and get a second opinion (with him or another ENT), if it were me.

Hang in there, sending good thoughts your way!

• Funny Funny x 1
    26. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @awbw8 I ended up calling my ENT and he said the reason why it's burning is because I'm hitting a nerve, he told me that bc I am grinding my teeth so hard at night and having stress from work that it's causing to hit a nerve, hence why it burns. Should I do any Steriods? Or is it too late? They said I had great hearing

Thanks !

27. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      :rockingbanana::rockingbanana:Wow, I took some Valium, laying in bed, had to search for the ringing. Just for like three minutes! I know it's the drug but dang that felt good! :)

28. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      Cipro gave me tinnitus

29. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
    30. thumbinbumb

thumbinbumb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      treatment of a long term ear infection with antibiotics
      I also think cipro gave me tinnitus, but went for a second opinion from a doc (who i'd seen as a child - yes it was embarrassing being in the childrens clinic with my mommy again at 26) She said it was completely safe and she uses it on babies.

I also had used ciprodex in the past and no issues... I still think it was the ciprodex