Got Any Suggestions for Waking Up with Energy and Motivation?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Feb 2, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I am habituating more often lately but due to what I believe is mild bipolar (my doctor told me today she doesn't think I have it so that's fine) but whatever it is, I find it hard to wake up with energy and motivation. Part of this is due to medication I have to take that is a CNS depressant. I guess I could take it earlier in the evening. Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions? I am guessing exercise and drinking lots of water would help.

Interesting to note, today, I woke up feeling bad but I went to my doctor's appointment. While I was there I talked to a medical student for about 40 minutes because my doctor thought I was a pretty interesting patient and could help the student out a lot. While I was talking, I felt better and the T was tuned out. However, when I went outside, the same depressing feelings and lack of energy came back. My thought is, if I can just wake up feeling energetic and motivated, it will help me throughout the day by causing me to get involved with people which would help me tune out T more and feel better.

Btw, this waking up problem has been with me before meds and T. Ever since I was a teenager.

2. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I try to have a nice, hot shower when I get up. Makes me feel good every time.
      A good breakfast helps too, I have a vegetable juice as well.
      I also have a plan for the day - I am on maternity leave, and I miss the structure that a work day brings.
      I take my children out somewhere - even just for a walk and play in the park.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Henkrik92
      Bored

Henkrik92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Always?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I also have problems with getting out of bed. Its worse when i have a depressive episode but its always pretty hard xD. I dont think its the tinnitus making me not wanting to go up. I feel like a teenager still. Best thing for me is just loudly say "F IT" and spring out of bed :).

• Like Like x 1