Got Fluid in the Ear AGAIN, High-Pitched, Loud Hiss Is Back

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sorien, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Sorien
      Sad

Sorien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold?
      Pretty sure it's related to the fluid I have in my ear, this is the 3rd time this has happened in the past 5 months. Doctor couldn't see much of my eardrum though because of wax, so have to put drops in before flushing it out on Wednesday. But she doesn't want to give me steroids or antibiotics even if they helped the previous time, she wants to wait it out, but when I go for flushing it'll be with a different doc since she won't be there that day, so maybe the other doctor will consider giving me steroids to help my ETD.

Argh, this new noise again! I can't focus on anything, and it makes me feel anxious that it's permanent (even though historically speaking this is not my original t, and it's a direct result of there being fluid). Or maybe the original can also be permanent and I've just been having milder weeks so what I originally thought about it going away is completely false because I didn't wait long enough!

All the sads.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Could just be the wax, around December my ear was really blocked with wax and the tinnitus was way louder. I think i need to use some drops again because it feels like its starting to block up again. You are brave to have ear syringing though, please be careful with that.