Got Tinnitus a Few Days Ago — HELP

Discussion in 'Support' started by GH123, Dec 10, 2016.

1. GH123

GH123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont know? Maybe loud headphones over ear? Not sure
      I am 15 years old and just started getting ringing in my ears a few days ago.

It happened in spanish class i had been listening to music through my headphones and my right ear started ringing very loudly out of nowhere, so normal me began to worry and figured I have tinnitus. I also had been taking this vitamins called Nourish Beaute for my hair and stuff.

I stopped and went to the doctor and he said if it doesnt go away within a week or so come talk to him. My head had hurt a little bit and my ears had hurt a little bit but he said the insides of my ears look fine. I do gaming and listen to music but i dont listen to it insanely loud.

If this doesnt go away soon I cant live with it. It's been destroying my life. I can sleep but i wake up and dont know what to do. its all i focus on. I cant live with this.

Is there any possibility mine goes away? i cant do this anymore.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GH123

GH123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is there any chance it's not loud sound related? My doctor looked in my ear and said they looked fine with the little thingy with a light and I did a hearing test with beeps and I did fine on that.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Of course. But you should know if you were listening to music loudly. Were you?
      If not, there's many other reasons other than loud sound that can cause tinnitus.

This being said, since you have T, it would be prudent to avoid loud noises (irrespective of their source - I don't personally subscribe to the "headphones are evil" dogma). Rest your ears, and if you do think you may have overexposed your ears to loud stimuli, then tell that to your ENT doctor, as there may be something s/he can do in the acute phase.

Good luck.

5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @GH123 Reading your post I get the impression that you are a frequent headphone user. Playing computer games and probably listening to music on headphones too. The main cause of tinnitus is exposure to loud noise. Many people do not realise how loud the volume is when listening to music etc through headphones. I believe your tinnitus was caused by headphones and advise you to not use them again ever. This is my opinion, however, the choice is yours.
      Michael

6. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Im 14 and have had T for 7 months, avoid loud noises, and see if your ears are trying to pop by moving your jaw

7. John Johnson

John Johnson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had T for a little over a week. Very loud ringing. Keeps me up at night. I play a video game online and noticed that after playing with headphones on, my T seems to ease up a little, but it does come back. Not sure how the loud noise does this, but it does.

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I never used headphones in the past, but with the loud ringing, this time I wanted to drown out the T so I could have a little break from it. I am sure this is not good for my hearing and most likely won't do it again.

Remember this, everything you do to your body while young, will come back to haunt you later. I am finding this out the hard way, myself.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GH123

GH123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/07/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes my ear does get a little pop when I try moving my jaw down really far or to the sides. It changes ears also.

9. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Yeah I think I got my T from loud noise and then my ears started popping and now they pop when I move my jaw, maybe you should go to an ENT