Greetings from Germany

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bob94, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Bob94

Bob94 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello my friends,

first of all i have to say, that all of you are special personalities, if not heroes in my eyes, especially the people, who are living with tinnitus for 20 years and more. I'm coming from Berlin, Germany and after reading many posts here in this awesome community, I was close to tears very often. How wonderful can people be to each other?

For my part, I'm spending money to the Deutsche Tinnitus-Stiftung now, because they are one of the best german medical institutes: http://www.deutsche-tinnitus-stiftung-charite.de/spenden/

Maybe we can not be healed the next days or months, but it could be possible, that tinnitus can be fought more effectivly the next years. So please don't give up, because every day YOU live, you make other people happy and give them time to understand you more and more.

MY tinnitus might have come from two things. I would love to hear your opinions on that.

Option Nr.1: I took too much MDMA one night and mixed it with other stuff. I wasn't be near loud music or something like that. I heard the ringing 2 weeks later.

Option Nr.2: I'm studying economics for 1 year now and i never learned so hard. The grades are good but the tinnitus got so loud, that i hear it all day now... Sleeping is possible but just when I'm really tired....

P.S.: two weeks ago I tried to fight Option Nr.1 with taking MDMA in a small dosis. The whole night the tinnitus was gone :eek:, i fellt asleep but the next days the ringing came back louder and louder.

So what could it be? I'm trying to relax now and not taking studies too serious.

Much love to all of you and stay like you are (without the tinnitus for sure).

Robert

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Hi @Bob94 & welcome to the forum!

Yes, I agree with you 100% ... the members here are indeed such special people. Not only do they have their own individual things to deal with, daily, but they are also determined to help others who are in need of help on their own journey with tinnitus. I always think it's a great honour as well as a very humbling experience being in their company, whenever you wish.

Could I be the first to compliment you on your honesty as to how you think your tinnitus might have begun.

I'm sure you will receive good, solid forum replies very soon, from members with exceptionally good medical advice and links, as well as from those members who have had long experience of coping with their tinnitus. I wish I could help you in those directions, but there are so many people far better than me at it!

The work that I'm involved in each day, is as a Community Chaplain and Lay Minister for the Anglican Church ... and so I'm really interested in how our personality, our mind and soul deals with the situation we find ourselves in with our tinnitus ... and therefore how our spiritual life can play its part.

So, good to meet-up with you ... and do indeed relax as much as you can ... not just with the burden of your studies, but at all other times as well.

Take lots of care ................................................... Paul

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It is sometimes not easy to pin down to one exact thing that triggers our tinnitus. There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, ear or Eustachian tube infection or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head trauma & injury, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from sudden change of air pressure such as during landing & taking off on flights especially with blocked nose causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief for the loss of loved ones, untreated sleep apnea, extreme, extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc., etc.

Studies can of course cause anxiety if we allows it. We have to balance it out with health. Taking it easy is a good approach especially when your T is new and hurting. Hopefully your condition will improve over time. Take good care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My guess is that it is option #1 (ototoxic substance). I doubt it is option #2 (stress)...

I found amitriptyline helped me sleep even when my T was incredibly loud. It is non-addictive, and it didn't make me feel drowsy the next morning.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bob94

Bob94 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks to all of you :) I really appreciate your kind and informative words :huganimation: if it was MDMA, so it will never go away ;( i will try to reduce it through relaxing, anyway, i hope u all get better soon :beeranimation:

Rob

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Hi @Bob94 ... Just wanted you to know that you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Our hearts go out to you, and as you say, do try to relax as much as you can.

Just one more thing ... never stop believing in miracles!

Take lots of care ................................... Paul

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1